pre paid laundry package on Konigsdam

lindaco

1 hour ago, lindaco said:

Is it a better value to pre purchase the laundry package prior to the cruise?  Or are you able to purchase the same package, at the same price, while on the cruise?

Thank you

Same price no matter when you purchase.  In Europe it is $30/bag and in North America it is $20. 

1 hour ago, CATandSQUID said:

We always choose the package deal. This way you can bring less clothes. Most times if laundry goes out in the morning, it will be back in the evening.

We did our last cruise also, 2 teens and 2 adults in 4 carry ons and 2 back packs for 10 days, this time we are trying for 1 checked bag and 3 backpacks . The $7 a day laundry package was a great deal for the four of us. 

1 hour ago, CATandSQUID said:

We always choose the package deal. This way you can bring less clothes. Most times if laundry goes out in the morning, it will be back in the evening.

We were on 2 segments of the Grand Asia in 2018, 50 day, and we got a deal when purchasing the laundry package before the cruise. I have an upcoming 2 week cruise and I haven’t seen any “specials” got laundry.

4 hours ago, ORCRUISER said:

We were on 2 segments of the Grand Asia in 2018, 50 day, and we got a deal when purchasing the laundry package before the cruise. I have an upcoming 2 week cruise and I haven’t seen any “specials” got laundry.

I believe that the specials to order pre-cruise are only offered for Grand and World Voyages and their segments.

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions.  We have a very long trip ahead (trans atlantic on HAL over, a week in Italy, time in Zurich, a river cruise, a few days in Paris and a few in London before returning on the QM2) so we are really stressing over the packing and laundry.  We will be trying to pack as lightly as we can because of the trains.  

Doing laundry frequently (I notice there is no self serve laundry) will be helpful.  

Laundry on HAL is a good deal  . We have bought bag by bag because  all   my shirts are wash & wear & they dry quickly in the shower on a hanger  .Thus ,it is underwear & socks for the most part we send out early in the AM  with out room stewart :classic_biggrin: Once in a while I need like a wool  sweater dry cleaned