Suite Guarantee WS

Hi there

Firstly could I apologise if there is any repetition in this question - I have done a search of the boards and cant quite find a similar situation but it may be that one exists somewhere!

Secondly, I am aware that it may be impossible to answer this question - I just wandered if anyone had any experiences that were similar or had any opinions on this matter!

We are sailing on the HOTS in March. We originally booked a specific balcony cabin, firstly because I have never booked guarantees since I started cruising (and am a bit of a habit builder) and secondly because it came with the all inclusive drinks package. (Semi useful because even though Im a non drinker at least I dont have to buy the soda package!)

Recently it was brought to my attention that there had been a price drop on suites and on review this was indeed the case, infact the price of a Junior Suite had actually fallen to below the cost of the balcony cabin I had booked. This has never happened before and I will admit was the source of huge amounts of excitement and I immediately called and upgraded!

My question is concerning the WS grade. The WS Suite guarantee has also massively come down in price and is also cheaper than the balcony cabin I paid for BUT is currently priced higher than the Junior Suites. I checked and there are a multitude of JS cabins left but also loads of GS and OS as well as the higher suite categories odd cabins. 

Now, I know I'd lose the drinks packages if I took the guarantee but if it being more expensive than the JS price suggested that you were 'likely' to get one of the higher grade suites then clearly it would be worth it - however, the suggestion seems to typically be that having a WS guarantee typically results in a JS so in this case I would essentially be paying more to lose the drinks and not choose my position. Do you think the cost of the WS vs the JS (being more expensive) has any bearing of the type of cabin you are likely to get, or am I safer sticking to my named JS cabin. (which I am very happy with btw - just wouldnt say no to a GS :-)

Christian

1 minute ago, Lonedreamer said:

WS Suite guarantee has also massively come down in price and is also cheaper than the balcony cabin I paid for BUT is currently priced higher than the Junior Suites.

That is likely a pricing glitch and the WS GTY will eventually be less than the JS price - you are very likely to get a JS with such a booking.

59 minutes ago, Lonedreamer said:

My question is concerning the WS grade. The WS Suite guarantee has also massively come down in price and is also cheaper than the balcony cabin I paid for BUT is currently priced higher than the Junior Suites. I checked and there are a multitude of JS cabins left but also loads of GS and OS as well as the higher suite categories odd cabins ... 🙂

What you may see as available may not be the entire inventory picture.   WHile you technically could get any category of JS or better, odds are you will get a JS.

By the way, a JS has access to Coastal Kitchen dinner on Oasis and Quantum class, on a space available basis.

I believe that this is the cruise that we just booked as a suite GTY. 

We we did not see the suite GTY on Royal’s site but booked it through a third party big box warehouse site. The price that we booked was cheaper then the price of a JS, which is what clenched it for us. (Plus the double points which will finally get us to Diamond.). 

Like the OP mentioned, it looks as if a lot of Suite inventory is still available at this time. While we are hoping to get something above a JS, we will be happy with a JS if that is what we get. The extra room and large closet will be nice and we have never stayed in a JS, but then again, we have never stayed in an OS. LOL!

To the OP, if you booked a JS and are happy with that and it is cheaper then the Suite GTY and includes the drink package, I would probably stay with that. Besides, they may send you an email to bid for an upgrade and you could try for that if you wanted. We are kinda hoping for that ourselves! Happy cruising!!

Thank you all for your replies. I do realise you don't get 'all' the suite perks in a JS but clearly as it's cheaper than our balcony it's a no brainer to step up. Also regarding the pricing it is all very strange as if I put in my dad's C&A number (platinum) I get a cheaper WS than even my JS. When I switch to my diamond number I'm back to the JS bring cheaper than the WS but both are still more than my Dads WS! So who knows. 

It sounds like the general consensus is that I could book a more expensive WS and still end up with a JS anyway which is what I feared, I'll stick with the JS and hope that they send me the 'up' email (although I've only just switched my preferences to enable emails) and several people in the roll call had their emails a while ago. 

Thanks again 

Chris 

The question is, if you book the guarantee for more money, and get a JR suite will you be OK with that or mad?  If you will be OK with that, consider it.  If you will be mad, stay with your booked JR suite.

If you book the guarantee and end up in an Owner's Suite, we know you will be happy. 😄