Waitlisted for dining a year out ?

We just booked Adventure of the seas holiday cruise for next Christmas. When I booked through the travel agent he said we only could book MTD or 8:30 sitting . We're a group of 10 with 6 kids (mostly teens) and neither appeal to us ( wanted the 6pm set dining time). So we went with the MTD. I called RCCL to get a better understanding and they confirmed they only have those two choices right now but she made it sound like its a formality this far out. We had our names put on the waitlist but what are our chances of being moved to the 6pm set time? First time cruising RC and it kind of puts me off : ( 

8 minutes ago, gibsontrio said:

We just booked Adventure of the seas holiday cruise for next Christmas. When I booked through the travel agent he said we only could book MTD or 8:30 sitting . We're a group of 10 with 6 kids (mostly teens) and neither appeal to us ( wanted the 6pm set dining time). So we went with the MTD. I called RCCL to get a better understanding and they confirmed they only have those two choices right now but she made it sound like its a formality this far out. We had our names put on the waitlist but what are our chances of being moved to the 6pm set time? First time cruising RC and it kind of puts me off : ( 

This far out, I'd say your chances are pretty good to get moved to early traditional.

Make sure your TA has linked all your reservations, then you can book everyone at once for a 6 pm time slot for MTD in the cruise planner. 

If regular early dining inning starts at 5:30, you may not get the same table and waiters. If you book the time slot when early dining starts, you probably will. 

Same thing happened to us, crusing on Adventure August 31, 2019, 9 months out, and early was waitlisted, (hubby is hypoglycemic, so cant wait till 8:30) I waitlisted early, but booked mtd at 5:45pm everynight, so we are good which ever way it shakes out. Good luck.

I'm traveling with a party of 14 and we all booked our cruise at different time frames - from 6 months to over a year out. Some of us were given an early seating at 6pm and others got late seating at 8:30pm. We called them couple times to ask for us all to have the same early dining, but the answer was always "NO, it's full" and told me to contact them again 2 weeks before the cruise. I just emailed RC at rcldining@rccl.com again a couple days ago and we now all have the same early seating. We even already know the table numbers 🙂