Carnival Planners

moeferg

1 hour ago, JasperCruiser said:

I wonder if a Carnival PVP has the ability to forward me some printed materials... more specifically, one of those large Carnival brochures that travel agents have in their lobby’s. 

I just went into a travel agency and asked for one. The lady that gave it to me just gave me her card and that was it. I was excited to get it but after I got it I have only looked at it one time. I get more info on the internet. The print on the deck plans is so small you can't read it. So I think the net is a better place to look.

27 minutes ago, teknoge3k said:

I am not sure why someone would want these, they're very antiquated. Everything is online and very easy to find. I guess they could have a small handful of them for the people who still haven't discovered the Internet yet. 

I still get printed brochures in the mail, but mostly from the luxury cruise lines, so I guess there’s still an interest in this type of advertising by a sector of the cruising population. But I’m deducting  that it’s mostly older, more affluent, and less tech savvy cruisers the ones who are interested based on what I receive.

At some point in time I went online and entered my contact information at various websites just looking for information so I guess they have me on some sort of permanent mailing list. 

Edited by Tapi

2 hours ago, snowy owl said:

I booked last week by calling. I'm platinum but have not cruised since 2010. I called a number yesterday and was told because I'm booked I won't get a PVP.... In the past I have always had one person I booked with and talked to whenever I had question and I had their ext. number. This time I have nobody... I want to have one...😏

by calling the regular reservations number you bypassed the PVP. Since the PVP only gets paid for bookings they actually initiated you would be asking a PVP to work for you for free if you added one now.:classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Mommawo said:

PVP verses travel agent..... what can the PVP do that a travel agency can’t? Btw I have never used either of them.  Considering next trip 

The biggest problem that I have had with using a travel agent is that if you have issues or even questions, Carnival makes you go through the travel agent.  I have not yet used a  Carnival PVP, although one was apparently assigned to me after my last cruise.

Edited by DanvilleCruiser
  • Like 1