Beer and wine at Mamsen's at lunch time?

zitsky

As stated in an earlier post, Explorer's is open all day but may, or may not, be pouring alcohol there.  You can order beer, wine, spirits all day, but it may be "called in" to Aquavit and delivered by staff to Explorer's from there adding a few minutes to the delivery to you.  Schedules may also vary by day and itinerary.  It's a function of if a bartender is on duty vs. just servers (not interchangeable).

We have been on three sea cruises and Mamsen's was open every day at lunchtime - it does have slightly strange opening hours but was always open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and late evening. The Explorers Lounge Bar was always open - from mid morning. At breakfast time coffee and juice is served from the bar as soon as Mamsen's opens. Just occasionally it can be very busy if "scenic cruising" is on the menu!

18 hours ago, zitsky said:

I believe it was a post on this board.  Maybe I misunderstood.

Believe I recall reading the same reply, as I was somewhat surprised. I recall reading previous post where others had received beer/wine during lunch in Explorers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 5:21 PM, BruceLovesSailing said:

We were on the Sun over New Years,

Mamsen’s was open 11:30 - 2:30 and the Explorer’s Lounge bar was open 10:00 - midnight. 

You shouldn’t have a problem getting drinks. 

Are the hours for the pool bar and Living Room bar the same as Explorer's lounge bar?  I really need a drink!