Obstructed Cabin Discovery on The Edge.

Work2cruz!

I just discovered today my Infinity cabin (7247) that I booked 2 years ago on my upcoming Edge Booking has an obstructed view.  I’m reading Celebrity let the TA’s know this but my TA did not inform me as this information was not available at time of booking.   I heard Celebrity has offered cabin changes or credit.  Since my cruise is February 24 the cabin options are nil to none.  Not to happy I wasn’t informed earlier.  My TA is now looking into it because I asked them. Anyone else make this discovery.  If so what was your outcome. 

4 hours ago, Work2cruz! said:

I just discovered today my Infinity cabin (7247) that I booked 2 years ago on my upcoming Edge Booking has an obstructed view.  I’m reading Celebrity let the TA’s know this but my TA did not inform me as this information was not available at time of booking.   I heard Celebrity has offered cabin changes or credit.  Since my cruise is February 24 the cabin options are nil to none.  Not to happy I wasn’t informed earlier.  My TA is now looking into it because I asked them. Anyone else make this discovery.  If so what was your outcome. 

That cabin was listed as partially obstructed several months ago. It is next to a bump out so that your view toward the front of the ship will be impacted. You will be able to see straight out and toward the back of the ship. I've been in cabins that have a partially blocked view in one direction (such as the bridge in the way) and still had good views in other directions. The picture below is not your cabin, but it will give you an idea what the bump out will look like. The arrow is pointing to an 8th deck cabin with a bump out to one side.

What other options did they give you for cabins, if any?

image.thumb.png.e3083a554ef90b2f86e7254326ac29c7.png

Here are the deck plans and you can see the list of partially obstructed cabins on the bottom of the 3rd page. There are others not on that list so please check back here before booking another cabin. Many of us here are familiar with the obstructed cabins on the Edge. Good luck! Hope you either get a better view or some onboard credit with your fairly good view. 🙂

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Edge_Deckplans.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

I booked 2 years ago and the cabin was not listed as obstructed view.  I know others were informed by they’re TA and received compensation or cabin change.  I discovered this yesterday myself.  Waiting to hear back from my TA. 

I also booked two years ago and never got any notice that my regular verandah (not Infinity verandah) has been reclassified as obstructed, nor did my travel agent.  He fought for me and I received some on board credit in an upcoming cruise by way of apology.  

45DA203F-1535-4BB8-ACBF-8A917F4EFF9C.jpeg

B1B78E43-9E30-4422-8B70-D2F050100399.jpeg

Edited by cruisestitch