HAL Flight Ease

pmjnh

7 hours ago, mexico8 said:

Is Flight Ease only for cruises with HAL or can I book a flight if I am cruising with MSC or NCL?

You can not book until you have a booked cruise with HAL. You can't even get a quote on HAL's website until you have a HAL booking number.

Edited by terrydtx

9 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Flights can only be booked after you have a cruise reserved on HAL.  

12 hours ago, terrydtx said:

You can not book until you have a booked cruise with HAL. You can't even get a quote on HAL's website until you have a HAL booking number.

However there is a 'trick'.  Princess uses a similar system to flight ease and does not require a booking number to get a quote on a flight.  Simply go to the princess website, find a cruise with the same start/end points and the same departure/return times.  You can then get a quote which will be similar to what you could expect from HAL.

7 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

However there is a 'trick'.  Princess uses a similar system to flight ease and does not require a booking number to get a quote on a flight.  Simply go to the princess website, find a cruise with the same start/end points and the same departure/return times.  You can then get a quote which will be similar to what you could expect from HAL.

True and I have done that many times.   But, even on the Princess site, you can only browse fares.  You cannot actually book a flight unless you have a cruise booked.  The OP was asking if Flight Ease could be used for any cruise line.   Obviously not.  

19 hours ago, TAD2005 said:

True and I have done that many times.   But, even on the Princess site, you can only browse fares.  You cannot actually book a flight unless you have a cruise booked.  The OP was asking if Flight Ease could be used for any cruise line.   Obviously not.  

thank you.

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Henery said:

is anyone having trouble accessing Flight Ease. The cruise is only 170 days out, so that shouldn't be a problem. 

There are multiple other threads with folks reporting various problems with CCL Brand Websites. CCL issued a statement that one of their brands has suffered a ransomware attack which has affected both web sites and call centers. You can always try and call the FlightEase number to talk to a representative. 

• Thanks 1

It turns out HAL gave me a strange code for my city of origin and the computer didn't know what to do with it. It wasn't until several calls to Hal reservations and the air travel department that someone noticed the code. With a few key strokes I was back In business. I got the flight reservations and now I have another question.  

Does anyone have a booking on a China Airlines flight from Hong Kong and been able to select seats. As I understand it, China Airlines allows seat selection 180 days out. And as I recall from our cancelled Maasdam itinerary they will issue an eticket 180 days out? Does all this hold true for reservations purchased through FlightEase. 

Having to wait until 24 hrs before departure to select seats is not what you would want to do if you are traveling with someone you like.