Segments out 2021 Mariner

travelwell

2 hours ago, travelwell said:

Glanced at Regents website, segments now available for 2021 World Cruise. Regent divided the segments nicely I think.

Cool!  Thanks for alerting me. Here they are, individual segments and some longer combos:

Miami - Lima 16 nights

Miami - Sydney 51 nights

Lima - Auckland 23 nights

Auckland - Singapore 30 nights

Sydney - Singapore 18 nights

Sydney - Istanbul 56 nights

Singapore - Dubai 18 nights

Dubai - Istanbul 20 nights

Dubai - Barcelona 30 nights

Although I haven’t (yet) done a world cruise, I have done segments of longer Regent cruises and been carefully reading the boards for Regent and other lines’ world cruises since we’re signed up for a Regent WC. I’ve seen reports of discrimination against “seggies” on other lines, but have never observed or heard of such on Regent, either by staff or other passengers. 

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

We have good friends who have done two segments of two different Regent world cruises. We actually asked them this question as, at the time, were debating WC vers segment. They strongly felt we would be comfortable either way. They stated they could not have felt more welcome on the ship.

3 hours ago, crickette said:

On some lines, segmenters are not viewed positively, either by the cruiseline or world cruisers.  How about on Regent?

We did our first Regent cruise from Nov. 1 to Dec. 15.  We were on 3 segments of a 4 segment Grand Cruise.  There were 84 "66 dayers" as we called those who did the Grand Cruise.  I have to say, we got to know many  of the "66 dayers" and   I never felt that I was treated any differently by anyone.  

I can't speak for a World Cruise, but I hope this helps answer your question.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 1

I seem to recall reading an older thread on this subject that said that there were some 'cliques' that formed, mostly as a natural by-product of people being on board so long together, but there weren't any reports of any bias or being left out that I remember reading.  If I can find the link I'll post it here...or if you're ambitious, you can do a search for it.   :classic_biggrin:

27 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

I seem to recall reading an older thread on this subject that said that there were some 'cliques' that formed, mostly as a natural by-product of people being on board so long together, but there weren't any reports of any bias or being left out that I remember reading.  If I can find the link I'll post it here...or if you're ambitious, you can do a search for it.   :classic_biggrin:

I too remember that thread, but don't remember when or in what context. When I did a final Rio-Miami segment of a much longer Regent cruise, I noticed that there were some strong bonds formed by the passengers who had been on the full cruise, but I wouldn't call them 'cliques" and I never felt left out or excluded in any way.  This is consistent with what I remember about that long-ago thread.
I've seen on the Viking world cruise boards that the people doing the full cruise have their own cruise director, lots of special full-cruisers-only events, and have some sort of name tags that the "seggies" don't have.  And the world cruisers actually wear those tags. There have been some reports there that there really are cliques on those cruises.  Sounds dreadful to me.

In general, Regent's way of rewarding repeat customers, passengers in higher level cabins, etc. is done with some subtlety and grace: one reason why I like Regent (and the Paul Gauguin) is that there are no overt signs of any class systems.

Edited by DavidTheWonderer

On 1/18/2019 at 12:26 PM, DavidTheWonderer said:

... I've seen on the Viking world cruise boards that the people doing the full cruise have their own cruise director, lots of special full-cruisers-only events, and have some sort of name tags that the "seggies" don't have.  And the world cruisers actually wear those tags. There have been some reports there that there really are cliques on those cruises. ...

Viking is new to world cruising, and these policies are no longer in place.  Sorry to have given outdated and wrong information.