JUST BACK FROM CUBA ON THE VEENDAM

Chuck

1 minute ago, iancal said:

Hlitner is spot on with those comments.

Clearly unbiased comments from an individual who does not limit himself to one cruise line nor does he look at any one one cruise through nostagic eyes or rose colored glasses.  Unlike some other posters who have a different view of reality.

I totally agree.  Then again, I'm not a loyalist of any one cruise line so I can look at these issues without bias.

Hello everyone again;  I just would like to again say after getting back home an looking at a final analysis of all my expenditures there really is nothing cheap about cruising.  Of course the words "Good Value" are thrown around all over the place.  But again, I spent over $8,500 for the 10 day cruise including everything.  NOW, before you say "Oh you can't count all the discretionary spending".   I say "WHY NOT"?????    Almost all of a persons so called "discretionary spending" was "essential" or we couldn't have gone.  From the airfare, to the hotel the day before to the insurance protection to the built in tips, etc etc.  Even the shore excursions.  If you aren't going to go on a shore excursion they WHY EVEN GO AT ALL?????    Actually in my assessment I had forgotten about them so need to add in another $800.  So our final tab is around $9,300  or $930 per day.   Not exactly inexpensive.    Luckily like many others out there I was really "BLESSED" with a great paying job that I had for 37 1/2 years so I can afford these things.  But when I think about many many other folks who are NOT BLESSED with a great job well then it would be IMPOSSIBLE for them to spend $9,300 on a 10 day vacation.   It would be a trip to Worlds of Fun for the weekend or a driving trip up to the Badlands for them.  So all in all we did have a really nice time, met lots of really nice people,  enjoyed the food 80% of the time etc etc etc.   Yes, I would love it if they would truly fix the horrible TV channels and get their Internet up to Par but it is what it is as my wife always says.  We are going to do the Canadian Trip of 13 days on the Zuider Puppy in Sept. and we'll be fine.  Plus that room is 294 sq. feet instead of the 225 sq. feet that we had on the Veendam.   And last but not least I still say that OlsSalt is an employee for H A L as Iam "reading between the line" now but he is clearly biased towards HAL and there obviously has to be a reason why.  Happy Sailing to All.   See you up on the Lido for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     LOL

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chuck said:

... So our final tab is around $9,300  or $930 per day.   ...  Happy Sailing to All.   See you up on the Lido for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     LOL

Come on ... you're already at $9300.  Why not spend the extra $10 and have lunch at the Pinnacle Grill ? 🙂

Edited by taxmantoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1