Ovation to hawaii

1 hour ago, oddly excitered said:

Been looking at that one, eurodam looks euro Dead! cant imagine all those sea days not knowing if I would enjoy the ship or line. radiance starting to look pretty good though!

Thank you all for your input so far, Keep it coming!

Not a bad ship really we sailed it a while ago. I know one thing though you will really enjoy the food on this ship, so much better then any RCCL ship we have been on. The service is above RCCL also.

Like the above poster above, since it's a longer cruise the passengers will be older then people you would see on a 7 day cruise.  Don't know your age and just how many activities you are looking for.

I wouldn't be happy with all that flying to get out to islands, we live on teh east coast also. So Leaving from San Diego RT worked for us.

• Like 1

We are on the Ovation cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii this coming September. Airfare from BWI to Vancouver on Delta was $300 for Economy Comfort. Flying home from Hawaii on American with their version of Economy Comfort is $560. We are island hopping in Hawaii on Hawaiian Airlines and flights were $100 - $120. Hotels are expensive in both Vancouver and Hawaii, but we're lucky enough to have points we used.

Your airfare from the NJ/NY area should be comparable.

• Thanks 1

We are doing Ovation this coming May 2, 2019 Honolulu to Vancouver. We are flying from Toronto which is similar in distance to you. We got United for $700 pp (Canadian Dollars) in Business Class !! Long flight so why not and I’m not exactly tiny. Economy is currently around $400 canadian. Flights home from Vancouver are reasonable to Toronto and I expect the same would hold true for you. Buffalo? We are taking two (16/11 yrs) of the four kids and they are excited to try this class of ship. We have done all the other classes so we will see... I can’t wait.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 8:49 AM, Jimbo said:

Not a bad ship really we sailed it a while ago. I know one thing though you will really enjoy the food on this ship, so much better then any RCCL ship we have been on. The service is above RCCL also.

Like the above poster above, since it's a longer cruise the passengers will be older then people you would see on a 7 day cruise.  Don't know your age and just how many activities you are looking for.

I wouldn't be happy with all that flying to get out to islands, we live on teh east coast also. So Leaving from San Diego RT worked for us.

I thought the food on HAL was a step up from RCI as well.  Not night vs day but better.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 12:50 PM, oddly excitered said:

Thinking about a bucket list hawaii cruise in 2020 for our 30th anniversary. There are no reviews for this ship on this itinerary so i have looked at some for other ships. Don't really see much about the sea days weather. I assume there will be cool sea days on the vancouver side but we love cruising Anthem out of bayonne in the winter months as it has the indoor spaces when its cold outside. My questions are about airfare, how much should I budget for flying from the east coast? Cant look at flights that far out yet. also is this a great cruise? cannot find very good reviews from other RCCL ships on this itinerary. any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Thanks

We are also planning for Sydney - Bora Bora - Hawaii (16 days) with Ovation of the Seas in 2020. The price for 2019 is very reasonably AUD 2598 pp (sans tax) for balcony. I think this is a very good choice for over 15 nights cruise, and there are plenty of options to fly back to Sydney after spending a few nights in Hawaii. I am afraid this trip is going to be very popular, booking early is highly advisable.

Edit, here is the itinerary I found. Day 2 - 7 (6 days) will be on water.

• Day 1 Sydney (Australia)
  • Day 2 Cruising
  • Day 3 Cruising
  • Day 4 Cruising
  • Day 4 Cruising
  • Day 5 Cruising
  • Day 6 Cruising
  • Day 7 Cruising
  • Day 8 Tahiti (Papeete)
  • Day 9 Moorea
  • Day 10 Bora Bora
  • Day 11 Cruising
  • Day 12 Cruising
  • Day 13 Cruising
  • Day 14 Cruising
  • Day 15 Maui
  • Day 16 Honolulu
Edited by ksuyen

On 1/17/2019 at 8:01 AM, timf2001 said:

The Ovation itineraries for both Alaska and Hawaii are rather lackluster compared to what the Radiance class ships do.  I don't see why they couldn't spend more days in Hawaii, even if it means tendering in every port.  Seattle is a wasted stop that can be better visited without getting on a ship.

In September 2014 we did the repositioning trip on Radiance (10dys), from Vancouver ending in Honolulu. Every day was warmer, great !

Five sea days then five days island hopping. Arrived in Honolulu then flew to Maui for our timeshare where, for once, we arrived without jetlag 🙂

A super trip overall.

Edited by pspercy

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 8:50 PM, oddly excitered said:

Thinking about a bucket list hawaii cruise in 2020 for our 30th anniversary. There are no reviews for this ship on this itinerary so i have looked at some for other ships. Don't really see much about the sea days weather. I assume there will be cool sea days on the vancouver side but we love cruising Anthem out of bayonne in the winter months as it has the indoor spaces when its cold outside. My questions are about airfare, how much should I budget for flying from the east coast? Cant look at flights that far out yet. also is this a great cruise? cannot find very good reviews from other RCCL ships on this itinerary. any thoughts or opinions are welcome.

Thanks

We're doing this cruise in reverse in May.  We sailed on the Ovation in Asia two years ago and loved it.  We also sailed its sister ship, Quantum, a few years back.  Love all the sea days, lots to do on board.  We're neighbors of yours (Penfield), and I assume that you will be flying out of ROC, as we are.  Our airfare is about $900 pp.  We're flying Delta via ATL to HNL, and return from YVR via MSP.  Ports in Hawaii are limited to Kona and Maui with sail-bys at Kauai and Kilaeua.  Not a problem for us as we've previously visited there. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2019 at 11:50 PM, tinkr2 said:

Thats a nice cruise only if you're retired.too long for my husband.

On a different note, how did you copy that itinerary and put in your post. Put it on a clipboard?

Five days in Hawaii and ten at sea?  Not a great way to visit .  I think the RCI cruises from Vancouver  are a better choice with only five days at sea  eg  Sept 2020.