hat time can we board MSC Lirica in Dubai?

chivas1

On our e tickets it states 18.28h (6.28PM) ??

Can we book early afternoon? We don't want to be sitting and waiting for hours at check in.

What time did you board?

We are black card voyagers club but our friends don't have a status yet, can they follow us in the express lane?

Thanks

49 minutes ago, chivas1 said:

We are black card voyagers club but our friends don't have a status yet, can they follow us in the express lane?

Thanks

Do your friends have status on any other line they can use to do a status match with MCS?

49 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

They should allow your friends to board with you;  we've travelled with others who weren't Black Card and they were allowed to board with us.

I'd be somewhat miffed if I had to wait to check-in behind people in the Priority queue who weren't entitled to be there due to purchasing the experience or being BC holder.

For our sailing where we are not in YC I might try befriending someone who is to see if we can get in that way then 😉

Our bookings were linked, CF.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a group travelling together getting checked-in together (depending on the size of the group, though) for example, 2 couples where only 1 has BC.  Anyway, there has rarely been much of a queue in the priority lines in our experience so it wouldn't have been a hardship if it occurred when we were embarking.

Our friends are first time cruisers, it's just 2 off them, (our bookings are linked) if they cannot board together with us they would feel a bit lost, so i guess we could not use that perk either.....

Edited by chivas1

3 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Our bookings were linked, CF.

Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with a group travelling together getting checked-in together (depending on the size of the group, though) for example, 2 couples where only 1 has BC.  Anyway, there has rarely been much of a queue in the priority lines in our experience so it wouldn't have been a hardship if it occurred when we were embarking.

We have had occasion where we've queued, I guess that's why it resonated with me, wondering if all of the people in that queue really were entitled to have been in the queue?

We just got off Splendida in Dubai and boarded at 12 last week even though it said 17.50 on out tickets.there were no queues and we just went straight through and on board in about 10 minutes.

we spoke to others who boarded at 10.30 am and when we disembarked today there were people boarding at 9am with captain announcing rooms should Ben ready at 10.30!

i should think Lirica will be similar.

12 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

We just got off Splendida in Dubai and boarded at 12 last week even though it said 17.50 on out tickets.there were no queues and we just went straight through and on board in about 10 minutes.

we spoke to others who boarded at 10.30 am and when we disembarked today there were people boarding at 9am with captain announcing rooms should Ben ready at 10.30!

i should think Lirica will be similar.

Curious...with such late boarding times, when is the muster drill held? Feels like it must be quite late in the evening. 

The muster drill was held at about 20.15 I think with no prior warning which meant everyone had to go back to rooms to get life jackets. It was fairly disorganized as meany have said before and consisted of telling you what warning signal was and showing you how to put life jacket on. Took about 45/50 minutes and was right in middle of a Liverpool game I was watching in sports bar so inconvenient!!