UK to Barbados flights

Jossie1960

I did a dummy booking for a Yacht club cabin which included flight from Gatwick to Barbados.  There was no option to select premium economy.

Do a yacht club booking get any preferential treatment at Gatwick check-in ?

Edited by Jossie1960

2 hours ago, Jossie1960 said:

I did a dummy booking for a Yacht club cabin which included flight from Gatwick to Barbados.  There was no option to select premium economy.

Do a yacht club booking get any preferential treatment at Gatwick check-in ?

Nope, why would you think it a possibility??

19 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

and thats why most if they want to upgrade buy there own flights instead of fly/cruise

and sometimes it can work out cheaper than buying the fly cruise

Indeed, we are actually flying Manchester to Barbados soon....self booked, with Preziosa YC.

I agree with Ikea logistics;  if you book your flights thru' MSC you have no access to the booking to enhance it with seat selection, meal selection, etc as the airline treats it as a block booking.  For this reason (and the fact that you can often source the flights at a cheaper rate than MSC is charging) we prefer to book our flights separately. 

• Like 1

I just booked Preziosa for 2020, MSC have stopped offering the Cruise only option to Barbados.  You can only book the Fly/Cruise option and wait until the flights become available to seek an upgrade thro' MSC flight Dept.  

• Thanks 1

Hi I will try and answer your question as we fly on 22nd Jan to Barbados--we are YC and also upgraded to Upper Class on the flight which was considerably cheaper than normal U/C. Our T/A has rung MSC daily for 10 days to get our requested seat allocation and yesterday it was agreed.

We are told that MSC will be at the airport for check in and we only have a flight voucher no e-ticket which suggests it could be chaos.

As Beamafar says I would not book flight incl again with MSC in fact our next 2 YC cruises are cruise only having done our own flights.

I will post on Preziosa roll call for 19th Jan 2019 to tell of the airport flight experience probably on Wed 23rd

Liz

17 hours ago, Jossie1960 said:

Thanks for your comments. The particular Fly/cruise is the only option, cruise only is not currently available.

I'd say they're trying to sell the airline seats they've block booked which is why they're only offering fly/cruise at the moment.

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

I'd say they're trying to sell the airline seats they've block booked which is why they're only offering fly/cruise at the moment.

On a recent Barbados - UK flight MSC chartered the aircraft from Virgin.

Me and the husband did our first cruise last Feb on MSC Fantasia. Booked as a fly/cruise and because it was our silver wedding anniversary we let that be known to MSC. When we arrived at Gatwick to check in for our flight we were met by a MSC rep and were pleasantly surprised they had upgraded us to Premium Enconomy 😀😀 so,if it is a special occasion or just a birthday it can’t do any harm letting them know. They must have some seats other than economy available within their block booking.  

1 hour ago, tjwa said:

If the aircraft is chartered there is no block booking.

MSC block book a group of seats on a chartered flight, that’s how it works ! Sometimes they charter a complete flight, it depends on their requirements.