Suites VS. Aquaclass

Greenymac

Once you go to Michael's Lounge you will forget all about Persian Gardens.

Michael's Lounge is the very best.  I even loved the tea in the afternoons.

Our butler didn't spontaneously bring us snacks in the afternoon like others report.  We ordered lunch one time and there was no salt shaker.  He saw me leave my cabin going to get some salt packets and wasn't going to have it.  Made me go back to my cabin and brought the salt/pepper in silver shakers along with a glass of wine and champagne.

This was on Infinity.

Edited by parrotfeathers

1 hour ago, Viktoria said:

We can't find the answer to having water in the room daily. We are Elite and cruising in Aqua class on the constellation. Hate to have to buy water every day. I drink just plain water, not evian or perrier. Can anyone answer this with certainty? Thanks, Jane

Everything I have seen say you get two small bottles of water on the first day and it is not replaced.   You do get Ice Tea daily if that is of interest.   

I drink quite a bit of water myself and find that the tap water on Celebrity is as good as most bottled waters.   I have in the past asked for a pitcher of Ice Water.   The stateroom attendant or butler fill it 2x a day and cover it with plastic wrap.  

7 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Everything I have seen say you get two small bottles of water on the first day and it is not replaced.   You do get Ice Tea daily if that is of interest.   

I drink quite a bit of water myself and find that the tap water on Celebrity is as good as most bottled waters.   I have in the past asked for a pitcher of Ice Water.   The stateroom attendant or butler fill it 2x a day and cover it with plastic wrap.  

Me too.  I thought I was the only one in the world who drank tap water.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I spent some time earlier today comparing suite costs now compared with what they were when we started booking then with Celebrity and I am now convinced that the current package is slightly better value for money than what we paid pre "Suite Class", despite our currency having been devalued by 20% over the past 2 years against the dollar provided you use the internet and the drinks packages. What we are having difficulty now is spending the obc. It used to get used up on the internet package and upgrading the beverage package but not now. 

Last year I ended up with a camera and a new pair of Oakleys I didn't really need to use it up and that was after using some of it as tips for Luminae.

I was just discussing the OBC issue with DH... we had cruised with RSSC and my late MiL insisted on using a TA instead of letting me use the big box. She paid far more in fares...and we ended up with a LOT of OBC from RSSC and the TA. Problem was the cruise included excursions/bar/wine etc etc  --so it wasn't til towards the end that we found things like the caviar tasting to splurge it on.

In the end --on the very last night-- we had to spend it--as RSSC wouldn't give it to MiL...

Our kids (then in middle school and hs) bought wallets/ties/belts etc and 3 of the 4 of us ended up with new watches. Our boys attended private school and had to wear ties everyday. Hated that their school ties were designer and from an onboard store. That said--they each consider their watches from "Grammy" and one of their prized possessions. 

We have stayed in both suite and AQ, personally prefer AQ. Last year we sailed with my parents and they were in a suite and we were in AQ. We ate with them in Luminae a few times and they came to Blu. However they said they preferred the food in Blu and the staff were more friendly than in Luminae. 

It is nice to have access to Micheals club however if there was only a slight increase we’d probably choose the suite but when we priced our next one for May onboard last week it was nearly double the price for a suite which I personally don’t think is worth it. It’s nice to have priority tender service etc but it really isn’t worth all the extra money in my opinion.

We have done both and like both.  We first book Aqua, and then if the price is right for a sky suite after final payment, we pay to upgrade.  We find Blu and Luminae to be comparable, and the focus is on service.  To us food is good whether you are in MDR, Blu or Luminae.  Service is the differentiator between MDR and Blu/Luminae.  Our first cruise on Celebrity was in a balcony.  After that first cruise we only book Aqua or a (sky) suite.  

Edited by CEOofVacation

I sailed in my first PH back in 2010 (Constellation 6148).  I have done nothing but suites ever since.  

In 2020, I have 3 PH suites booked.

Just got off Silhouette in November, where I was solo in the PH; that got me 432 points....  Luminae and Michael's were both EXCELLENT.  The two liters of booze are always welcome.

Wait til you are discovered standing in line at Guest Relations....  Out they come, running; they address you, by name as they pull you out of the line...  Funny and  embarrassing at the same time....

My TA is now trained to get me a PH, although I will also take a RS.  Life's too short to just settle....

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Stay tuned and I will be posting a comparison in about 90 days.   The review may be slightly slanted as we are Zenith and get Michael's Club, Free Internet, Free Premium Beverage and Free Laundry as automatic perks.

We have always sailed in CS and above and after hitting Zenith decided to try out AQ for a 4 day Caribbean Cruise prior to our Transatlantic in April in a RS.    We have eaten in Blu before so we know what to expect for dining.   While we like the food we will certainly miss lunch in Luminea on embarkation day and sea days.   I'm sure the experience will be more similar than different.

Have fun.  Say hi to Iain.  Maybe he will play the piano this cruise :).  

Edited by begood2me

When we started sailing X years ago we sailed in Aqua class and really enjoyed it. When X introduced their suite class we started sailing in sky suites. After sailing in suites for a few cruises we went back to Aqua class this past November on Equinox. I have to admit I did not enjoy Aqua class nearly as much as I used too. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be to readjust my expectations, however once I did it was fine especially when looking at the cost difference. The wait staff in Blu also really did try to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.

All that said at the end of the day I prefer Luminae to Blu. The food is better quality and I find Luminae to be less rushed and hectic overall. I also like that Luminae is open for lunch on sea days. We never really used the Persian Gardens so that was never a big draw for us in terms of Aqua class. I could take or leave the bigger room, however having the extra space is nice. For us the real appeal of the suites in addition to Luminae is Michael's club/the Retreat. We find this space specially useful on the M class ships.

At the end of the day we base what cabin we book on why we are going. If you are doing the ship as your main destination or are celebrating I think a suite is a good way to go. However, if you are going to be off the ship all day every day on a port intensive cruise it may not be worth the extra cost. With the new MDR's on Edge we have also decided to try the ship in a suite and then in a regular cabin to try the MDR's and specialty dining.

4 hours ago, begood2me said:

Have fun.  Say hi to Iain.  Maybe he will play the piano this cruise :).  

Now you have me curious.    Obviously we know you if you know Iain is a Pianist.    For the life of us we can't remember who we know in Tucson.   

The suite life on Celebrity is excellent. We have never done the luxury lines like silver seas, regent etc but compared to the mainstream suite experience celebrity excels. Even better than Oceania suite experience. They just seem to care more. Queen’s Grill on Cunard which is a similar price bracket, not including drinks (which are expensive) is inferior - except for the dining experience.