Covered/Partly Covered Balcony Rooms

txwriter

I'm sorry.  I know this question gets asked a LOT, but I cannot find the answers.

Generally speaking, which decks offer covered or partly covered balconies?

I'm looking to book on the Sky Princess, so there is no specific information.  I know we were on the Star Princess, and the Caribe deck had partially covered balconies that were larger that others, but I'm not sure if this holds true on the Royal Class ships, or if it's just the Grand Class ships.

Any help is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, txwriter said:

I'm sorry.  I know this question gets asked a LOT, but I cannot find the answers.

Generally speaking, which decks offer covered or partly covered balconies?

I'm looking to book on the Sky Princess, so there is no specific information.  I know we were on the Star Princess, and the Caribe deck had partially covered balconies that were larger that others, but I'm not sure if this holds true on the Royal Class ships, or if it's just the Grand Class ships.

Any help is appreciated.

On Royal Class ships all balcony cabins are covered, and most are small, 9'x4'.  A few balconies are angled and some small area might be uncovered. With stern & forward facing balconies some are partially uncovered. 

Unlike other classes of Princess ships, the Royal-Class ships are not terraced & balconies are covered by the one above on nearly all balconies.  

They’re also about 20% smaller than the smallest 9’x5’ balconies on other Princess ships.  Some midship, aft & forward balconies have larger.balcnies with a few that are partially or fully uncovered.

By searching online you can find photos of the ship’s design & balconies.

15 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Unlike other classes of Princess ships, the Royal-Class ships are not terraced & balconies are covered by the one above on nearly all balconies.  

They’re also about 20% smaller than the smallest 9’x5’ balconies on other Princess ships.  Some midship, aft & forward balconies have larger.balcnies with a few that are partially or fully uncovered.

By searching online you can find photos of the ship’s design & balconies.

Thanks.  This helps!

Most people don't point the camera upwards when they are on the balcony to take pictures of whether there is a roof above, so it is hard to figure out by online photos, and the Star Princess was my only previous experience.  This info makes picking a balcony room much easier.

We had a HUGE balcony in our HA Caribe deck room.  (I know not to expect this).DSC00395.thumb.JPG.0be3bac4e4e55bb0300f311cc691a83a.JPG

Cruise Critic has photos of the Regal Princess so you can see balconies & other things to expect on the Sky.  We’re looking forward to sailing on the Sky this Fall which isn’t much different than when we sailed on the Royal & Regal.

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/regal-princess-679/balcony-cabin-100478/

655D3471-0DEF-4556-B36B-1B82D0BB2137.png

Edited by Astro Flyer