Anytime Dining

nikkiw60

I am reading posts elsewhere that people are getting anytime dining with Fantastica experience and Black card status. When did this start?

We weren’t offered it when we booked for Divina in May? Just the usual choice of late or early.

Nikki ... Not heard of that, we had Fantastica over new year after we had been in an Aurea balcony over Xmas. Due to my other half having a hearing issue we spoke to the Dining room manager and asked for a table for 2, he told us we could have one but it may change every night.

As it turned out they seated us in the Any time dining area that we had been in on the Xmas cruise, no idea if the fact we are both Black card status had anything to do with it though.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Nikki ... Not heard of that, we had Fantastica over new year after we had been in an Aurea balcony over Xmas. Due to my other half having a hearing issue we spoke to the Dining room manager and asked for a table for 2, he told us we could have one but it may change every night.

As it turned out they seated us in the Any time dining area that we had been in on the Xmas cruise, no idea if the fact we are both Black card status had anything to do with it though.

That is what I am saying but they are not having it! I give up!!!

26 minutes ago, nikkiw60 said:

That is what I am saying but they are not having it! I give up!!!

“ black membership gets you priority dining but not your time.  Meaning you can choose early or late and have some flexibility (5:15 or 5:30 on Seaside) but once you choose that is it.  We are black on Seaside this week— had a conflict one day and were told they could take us for second seating if needed but not anytime.”

Fantastica suites on Lirica-class ships enjoy MyChoice dining (though it has nothing to do with Voyagers Club status).  Not sure  what else it could be.  🤔 

ETA  I was typing when the previous post was submitted.  Where did you see the quote you've posted about Black level getting you priority dining?

Edited by Beamafar

Nor will you find any mention of it, other than someone else's experience.  As I explained before, each dining room caters for particular cabins and the number of occupants they hold.  Hence, if you are in a 'Wellness' cabin, the MyChoice dining room/area has seating allocated to that cabin.  It has nothing to do with Voyagers Club levels or what 'Experience' you've booked!

We've been upgraded twice now from Fantastica to Aurea and dined in the MyChoice restaurant each time.

28 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Nor will you find any mention of it, other than someone else's experience.  As I explained before, each dining room caters for particular cabins and the number of occupants they hold.  Hence, if you are in a 'Wellness' cabin, the MyChoice dining room/area has seating allocated to that cabin.  It has nothing to do with Voyagers Club levels or what 'Experience' you've booked!

We've been upgraded twice now from Fantastica to Aurea and dined in the MyChoice restaurant each time.

Was it you who advised me before?  Not questioning your advice but seems strange there is no mention of this being the case with Wellness cabins when the online brochure I have certainly does state this is the case with Aurea balcony cabins.  Presume we will have a card in our cabin advising us of our dinner arrangements.  Currently our cruise personaliser is showing us as second sitting for dinner.

This is what it states on the website in relation to Wellness and dining:

Offering the most freedom in dining options. On the MSC Meraviglia/MSC Seaside/MSC Seaview, guests enjoy My Choice dining, arriving anytime during dinner with priority lane access to complimentary restaurants. 
Other ships: Dinner in reserved area of the restaurant with anytime My Choice dining.

I can't see why, being upgraded to a Wellness cabin from Fantastica, that it would be any different than if you were upgraded to an Aurea cabin for the reason I've outlined.

Out of curiosity, I've just checked our cruise tickets for one of the sailings when we were upgraded;  despite the fact that we had an Aurea cabin, our tickets showed "Dining request ... First Seating".  It was only when we embarked and received our cruisecards which indicated what restaurant we were to dine in that it became clear that we were, indeed, given MyChoice, despite the fact that "Seat: 1st" (meaning early dining) was also indicated.  This same thing was on our cruisecards for the other upgraded cruise, too.

Edited by Beamafar

Bea ... The only way to know for sure is if we hear from someone who has booked Wellness or if someone who was upgraded to it makes a post.

MSC have done guests no favours by saying they get the cabin upgrade but keep their previous experience and then change things!

• Like 1