*ms Oosterdam in Port Everglades - Sail a Way - January 19th, 2019 *

kazu

1 hour ago, IllinoisGirl1978 said:

For those currently getting snowed in how much do ya'll have?

We don’t have much.  Only about 5” has fallen so far.  The blast starts tonight.  

I’m in prep mode and making pizza and boiled eggs along with dinner.  Bath tub is filled 😉

And I’ll be starting the sail a way threads early.  I’d rather watch but once those high winds hit, I’m not sure how the power will hold. If they are right we have two storms coming straight up the Bay of Fundy.  One after the other or worse, they combine.  We’ll see.  Not much we can do.

I hope the forecast is very wrong.  I’ll take snow over an ice storm any day.  It’s a recipe for a mess and outages for sure.

Sounds like the warming areas are already being announced 😞  We never go since they usually don’t allow dogs.  😞 

1 minute ago, ger_77 said:

Checking in from the "frozen tundra" where it's a balmy -31C.  As cold as it is, at least we're not going to get the storm that our neighbours to the east are bracing for!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Hi from the other coast.  

If it makes you feel any better it was -31 C when I took the dogs out this morning.

Who needs coffee to wake up?  LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

We don’t have much.  Only about 5”.  The blast starts tonight.  

I’m in prep mode and making pizza and boiled eggs along with dinner.  Bath tub is filled 😉

And I’ll be starting the sail a way threads early.  I’d rather watch but once those high winds hit, I’m not sure how the power will hold. If they are right we have two storms coming straight up the Bay of Fundy.  One after the other or worse, they combine.  We’ll see.  Not much we can do.

I hope the forecast is very wrong.  I’ll take snow over an ice storm any day.  It’s a recipe for a mess and outages for sure.

Sounds like the warming areas are already being announced 😞  We never go since they usually don’t allow dogs.  😞 

You'll have your furry friends to keep you warm!

Hope things will not be as bad as predicted.

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

We don’t have much.  Only about 5” has fallen so far.  The blast starts tonight.  

Chicago got about 5 inches, not complaining now that I'm home from work safe and sound. I had to open at the coffee shop so my drive in was nearly an hour. I'm hoping for the best for everyone in the path of winter.

17 minutes ago, Vict0riann said:

You'll have your furry friends to keep you warm!

Hope things will not be as bad as predicted.

I totally confess at the last ice storm where we lost power for 5 days, I did cuddle up with my big Kuvacz and lab several times on their beds.  I was made very welcome 🙂

The M & M dogs always welcome me if I want to sit on a dog bed with them 😉 

While it is still on the 40s after two days of 50s, the temp is supposed to start dropping tonight, but we will get ice or frozen rain. Stocked with bread, coffee, dog food and dog treats.

Edited by lka1012