120 min. ship to shore phone calls?

holdon216

We used it once on an earlier cruise.  When you initially logon to the Internet on board you will find that you have a "Very Long" ID for the phone system.  When you want to use it you have to get an outside line then start with this number to get the call free and then do the international call number that you want.  In other words you will have to punch in about 20 numbers.

It worked quite well but remember the time difference!!!

1 hour ago, casofilia said:

We used it once on an earlier cruise.  When you initially logon to the Internet on board you will find that you have a "Very Long" ID for the phone system.  When you want to use it you have to get an outside line then start with this number to get the call free and then do the international call number that you want.  In other words you will have to punch in about 20 numbers.

It worked quite well but remember the time difference!!!

Are you using your Cabin phone? But pulling the ID number up off the internet on your cell?

I had this perk a few years ago and it was ONLY for the cabin phone. you DO NOT need to log onto the internet to get the phone number. Stop by guest service and ask them how to make a land based call also to VERIFY the perk is on file. You do not want to make a shore based call and then find out the perk was not added to your room correctly. They will give you the number you need to dial out.

When you make a call, you use the number to dial out and then the area code and then number.If you ever worked in a corporate building that requires a dial out number (like 9 then the phone number) this should be similar

We got our code from the internet manager. Calls are made from cabin phone. After you put your code in and the number you are calling a recording tells you how many minutes you have left. It worked great and it's a perk I loved on our 12 day cruise. Great to check in on family back home.

I also have this perk on a future cruise, and wonder if it works also to cellphone numbers or only to landline numbers? I live in Europe, and in most countries here majority of people only have cellphones now, and not landlines anymore...

53 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I also have this perk on a future cruise, and wonder if it works also to cellphone numbers or only to landline numbers? I live in Europe, and in most countries here majority of people only have cellphones now, and not landlines anymore...

You can make calls to cell phones and landlines, but you must make the call from your cabin phone and enter the pass code that is in your cabin upon embarkation.   My calls were to the US.  I assume that it is the same for calls to Europe.

9 minutes ago, davy jones said:

You can make calls to cell phones and landlines, but you must make the call from your cabin phone and enter the pass code that is in your cabin upon embarkation.   My calls were to the US.  I assume that it is the same for calls to Europe.

Thank you! 🙂

Just used it on my January cruise.  You need to get a pin #.  There will be directions waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive.  Once you get your pin #, using your cabin phone you dial 082 (there will then be a long pause), followed by a request to put in your pin #.  Then final direction will say to dial the # you want to call.  Remember to dial "1" for calling in US.  The recording will tell you how much time you have left, and then connect you.  Reception was great.  

6 hours ago, Whereto? said:

Under this Free 120 minutes free offer is there a way to receive calls? 

NO, because there is no direct phone number to you cabin phone. The only way to receive calls is use to the ship phone number that cost money and then they forward to the call to your room

On 1/22/2019 at 6:35 PM, PreciousPetal said:

Just used it on my January cruise.  You need to get a pin #.  There will be directions waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive.  Once you get your pin #, using your cabin phone you dial 082 (there will then be a long pause), followed by a request to put in your pin #.  Then final direction will say to dial the # you want to call.  Remember to dial "1" for calling in US.  The recording will tell you how much time you have left, and then connect you.  Reception was great.  

Any idea what sort of name or number comes up on the caller ID of the person receiving the call? You know how most people won’t answer an unknown number! And to set a near exact time to call family might not be so easy. 

14 minutes ago, holdon216 said:

Any idea what sort of name or number comes up on the caller ID of the person receiving the call? You know how most people won’t answer an unknown number! And to set a near exact time to call family might not be so easy. 

If I knew my family/friends were on a ship, and might be phoning me, I would answer a call from a strange number, no issue.

4 hours ago, holdon216 said:

Sometimes it came up as a Miami phone number and sometimes it came up as a New Jersey phone number. There was nothing that said NCL on caller ID.

On 1/26/2019 at 3:13 PM, holdon216 said:

Used this perk on our January Dawn cruise out of San Juan. In our case, the party you are calling will see "unknown number" from New Jersey. 

Edited by razor7_us
Typo