Ovation v Allure

I have sailed on Allure once, and it was my favorite cruise ship to date.  I have an Alaskan cruise booked on Ovation for June.  If there is someone who has been on both of these classes of RCI ships, I would be interested in any kind of comparison--pro or con--of these two ships.

Hi, We've been on the Oasis/Allure and also the Ovation/anthem.   

Loved them both but must say I prefer Ovation as she is smaller so easier to get around, has a great solarium which is enclosed for any bad weather and an indoor pool too.   We really liked the 270 lounge and cafe and the via/promenade.  If you like activities you will love the ifly and the northstar which was better than the zipline on allure.

Only downside was that there is no broadway show on Ovation unless they plan to change it now she is no longer sailing in the Chinese market.

We are sailing on Quantum in October and really looking forward to it.

Hope this helps.

7 hours ago, tiger belle said:

I have sailed on Allure once, and it was my favorite cruise ship to date.  I have an Alaskan cruise booked on Ovation for June.  If there is someone who has been on both of these classes of RCI ships, I would be interested in any kind of comparison--pro or con--of these two ships.

We've sailed both...love both. :classic_smile:

What we loved about the Ovation: The IFly (enjoyed this so much more than the zipline on the Allure), CafeTwo70, Two70,...both the Solarium and SeaPlex seemingly designed for Alaska (cold weather)...both are indoors. (If you have kids, they'll love the SeaPlex)  If you have access, the Concierge/Suite Lounge, all the way to the back, Deck 12, has breathtaking views.  Be sure to stop and at least look at some of the "art" displayed around the ship...most people, including us, didn't see objects (prominently displayed) until the last couple of days.

We really didn't find anything wrong with the Ovation...perhaps the Esplanade became a bit congested during the "$10" sales, and the NorthStar was a let down because it failed to go out to the side of the ship as promised...although the NorthStar maybe popular in Alaska...spectacular views of the glaciers.  We're sure you'll love the Ovation.  Happy Sailing! :classic_smile:

On 1/23/2019 at 10:55 AM, welshrich said:

Hi, We've been on the Oasis/Allure and also the Ovation/anthem.   

Loved them both but must say I prefer Ovation as she is smaller so easier to get around, has a great solarium which is enclosed for any bad weather and an indoor pool too.   We really liked the 270 lounge and cafe and the via/promenade.  If you like activities you will love the ifly and the northstar which was better than the zipline on allure.

Only downside was that there is no broadway show on Ovation unless they plan to change it now she is no longer sailing in the Chinese market.

We are sailing on Quantum in October and really looking forward to it.

Hope this helps.

That is exactly what I would have said being on both of those class ships!

i will be on the Ovation cruise in Alaska from Vancouver to Seattle for 11 days Inside Passage, Does Icy Point and Sitka.

Very excited as this is my favorite class next to Oasis.

Never mind the lack of Broadway shows, You will have creative shows in 270 lounge as well as other stuff in main lounge.

In fact I was on the Allure and they had Chicago, and folks were walking out.  So the creative shows on Quantum you will like.

I like Quantum class for the Solarium with cascading pool in front of ship as well as SeaPlex two story area with lot of glass to look out.  Don't forget about Northstar.

I have done the Anthem and so happy to have to Ovation back in USA.  Bring all them back and send an Oasis through Suez canal to Asia.  I do like Oasis class as well but have a fondness for Quantum that will never go away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...