Tips

brtls5

39 minutes ago, summersigh said:

Continental Breakfast items are "free" thus a 0% tip on the "bill" so I tip in cash for the service.

Thank you for posting this, as I've never received a slip to sign for room service and was wondering where people were writing in the tip amt.  I too tip for room service with cash.

Coevan, just so I understand, are you saying room service is covered under the per day gratuities or service charge, or are saying it's added onto the tab just like bar drinks?

Roz

On 1/24/2019 at 10:32 AM, summersigh said:

Drinks have an automatic 18% added to your tab.  We felt that this was sufficient.

I take a stack of $1 bills with us for Room Service.  I normally tip $2 for just coffee and juice.  If we order breakfast then I up it to $4

Yup....I rarely tip extra anymore.  18% of a drastically overpriced drink is sufficient.  I will throw a couple bucks at a server sometimes because they will stop by more often during busy times.

We always get to know a couple bartenders on board, and usually add about $1 each time we go up (we have cheers) . We'll get more generous as the week goes on and we get to know/like certain ones! I know there is a tip written in, but, I've heard too many different ways it gets split, so we bring cash. About $100 in ones, and $100 in fives. We've also left certain bartenders a larger tip at the end, if they made our cruise that much more enjoyable! We like the social atmosphere of sitting at a bar poolside, or the sports bar, and enjoy talking and meeting new people, so a good bartender makes that worth it for us! (but that is what WE like) Also, I am a bartender, so I can't NOT tip 😉  

only night service and a few specialty items have a charge. As for continental breakfast which we order every morning, we always tip in cash and had to sign a receipt. One morning i had no small bills and she said she would get the tip if I wrote it in. 

6 hours ago, Roz said:

Thank you for posting this, as I've never received a slip to sign for room service and was wondering where people were writing in the tip amt.  I too tip for room service with cash.

Coevan, just so I understand, are you saying room service is covered under the per day gratuities or service charge, or are saying it's added onto the tab just like bar drinks?

Roz

On the Breeze this December each time we got Room Service for breakfast the delivery person gave me a slip to sign with a zero charge for the food and coffee. I just sign and then give the tip in cash. 

In fact, any extra tips I give are in cash.  I go to the bank before leaving home and get around $200 in  $1's, $5's and $10.  I carry them in my purse going to the cruise.  Once on board I put it in the safe and take out what I think I'll need that day.  To me that's easier than having to stand in line somewhere to get small bills during the cruise.

It's my understanding that Room Service waiters are not covered by any other tipping program.