Freedom Class Solarium

We embark on February 10th on the LOTS from Galveston. It's the week before most schools have winter break, but I don't know how that will affect the demographic of the ship (# of children vs adults).  If we head to the solarium around noon, can we expect to find chairs for two of us? Is there an issue with bringing a small cooler with icy drinks and snacks? Are there any other places on the ship where two adults can enjoy the sun, and other cruisers, with low potential for screaming kids?

Edited by FrankNBrew

4 minutes ago, FrankNBrew said:

Are there any other places on the ship where two adults can enjoy the sun and other cruisers with low potential for screaming kids?

On your cabin balcony.

Edited by Biker19

If you head to the Solarium around noon it is unlikely you will find two seats together.  Suggest you get an earlier start, maybe around 10.  Or,  wait till perhaps late afternoon.

Don't know the rules  for coolers,  but there will be cold drinks available in the Solarium.   Also snacks are plentiful all around the ship.

Walk  all  around the ship as there  are areas, away from the crowds ( and the pools) , that  are nice and quiet. 

enjoy

Noon on a sea day, it might be difficult to find two seats, especially if it’s a pool type day. No problem with a small cooler though that is not anything I’ve ever seen. The deck where the mini golf is has a number of loungers and not likely to have many kids.

21 minutes ago, FrankNBrew said:

We embark on February 10th on the LOTS from Galveston. It's the week before most schools have winter break, but I don't know how that will affect the demographic of the ship (# of children vs adults).  If we head to the solarium around noon, can we expect to find chairs for two of us? Is there an issue with bringing a small cooler with icy drinks and snacks? Are there any other places on the ship where two adults can enjoy the sun, and other cruisers, with low potential for screaming kids?

Deck 12 is usually the last place for loungers to fill up.  Check aft.

5 minutes ago, ERCruiser said:

What is this aft stairway you speak of? We're on Indy in April.

Apparently there’s a crew stairway somewhere back there. I was thinking it might be nice to sneak down with hot plates from the Windjammer. 

For what its worth, i live just outside of Dallas and my 2 boys are in high school.   there isn't any Winter break in February that i'm aware of in the public school districts here.   March is Spring break but i've never seen anything as long as i've lived here for a Feb winter break.   Your concerns may well be moot.  

Edited by ToddnMichelle

4 hours ago, FrankNBrew said:

I did LOTS this past Nov. No kids or teens in the Solarium, They were either in the kiddie pool (Spashway or whatever it's called) which is on the opposite (far) side of the pol deck or teen club.

Very few empty chair too, unless you get there before 10:00 or after 2:00-3:00-ish.