Need help with Alaska 14 day

islandchick

We have been to Alaska several times on cruises and independently. We normally do shore excursions on our own (our favorite has been a helicopter and sled dog tour out of Juneau) but Seabourn seems to have some interesting options. I am considering booking the Alaska 14 day cruise and would really like info on excursions for this particular cruise. Which ones are must do? Which is the best place to go kayaking vs zodiac vs catamaran? Would love to see some prices as it is quite difficult to find info about that. Any info is appreciated. 

• 2 weeks later...

We did the zodiac in Tracy Arm and it was FABULOUS! Husband ended the trip saying we should have splurged out with more zodiac trips 😉 We didn't do kayaking (I won't put the suit on over my head/face) or the catamaran (too many people for me). We did the 11 day trip from Vancouver to Seward in Sept 2018.

• Like 1

I will see if I can find our bill - I know we booked the zodiac onboard because there was a special and it ended up maybe $20 or so cheaper than it was online? I don't have our shore excursions pdf on my office computer so let me see what I have at home for pricing....

We didn't book any other excursions through the ship - ahead of time or on board. Sorry! But clearly they had availability on the zodiacs such that they dropped the price to get them filled up....

I looked at my bill and we paid $199 per person for the Tracy Arm zodiac tour. If we had booked ahead of time (according to my excursions book) we would have paid $295 per person. So quite the discount!

We did Alaska last year with Seabourn. A great trip. I booked "Anan Creek Bear Viewing & Photography" prior to cruise. The tour was great if you want to see Black Bears and Bald Eagles fishing for Salmon up close. The tour had limited space and filled quickly.

6 hours ago, trips_ahoy said:

We did Alaska last year with Seabourn. A great trip. I booked "Anan Creek Bear Viewing & Photography" prior to cruise. The tour was great if you want to see Black Bears and Bald Eagles fishing for Salmon up close. The tour had limited space and filled quickly.

That tour sounds great. Was your tour a small group private tour? How many people were on it?

It was a tour offered by Seabourn out of Wrangell. The viewing area is quite small so the park limits access. We were a small group of around 15 as I recall. I booked prior to the trip. We had a good amount of time (around 2 hrs) in the viewing area. Other private tours came and went while we were there. Seeing was not a problem with the limited number of people.