FTTF Advice

ksaunders

Yes another FTTF question. We have a boarding time of 12:30, but were thinking of getting the FTTF to get started earlier. But when we go to purchase, it says 12:00. Is it really 12:00? I don't want to pay $60 for a half an hour. Does anyone have experience with this?

With FTTF,  you are not limited to your check-in time.  You may show up whenever you want and should be admitted into the terminal as early as you want, as long as the terminal has opened to passengers for your cruise.

7 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

You must select or be assigned a check-in time. With FTTF you can completely ignore it, but you still must have it.

Advanced technology and programming strikes again.

Yes, I forgot to mention this point.  You definitely have to pick a time, but you may ignore said time with FTTF.

6 hours ago, ksaunders said:

Yes another FTTF question. We have a boarding time of 12:30, but were thinking of getting the FTTF to get started earlier. But when we go to purchase, it says 12:00. Is it really 12:00? I don't want to pay $60 for a half an hour. Does anyone have experience with this?

FTTF isn't really worth it anymore since they have check in times now. last few cruises I've done I got there at my check in time at 1230 and literally got right on the ship 

11 hours ago, ksaunders said:

FTTF in this instance will only get you into the terminal earlier than 12:00.  You still won't be able to board the ship until they clear it from the previous cruise.  Then they start boarding with wedding parties first, then P/D and suites.  FTTF comes next, then the zones.  It may get you on the ship a little early but not by much.

Your stateroom will be ready the moment you walk on the ship.  We carry on most of our luggage, go straight to the room, then head to the food/bar/pool to let the fun begin.  If we didn't have access to our room, we would have cart our luggage around until our room is ready sometime hours later.

The "12:00" that you are seeing is there only because FTTF is technically an excursion.  All excursions have times listed, as required by their system.  It doesn't mean anything.  FTTF allows you to disregard your selected arrival appointment time and arrive at the port at any time after it opens.  Once boarding begins, FTTF begins boarding immediately following D/P, Suites, and weddings.

• Like 1