Carnival Pride or RCCL Vision of the Seas

drush

Our Carnival cruise isn't until July but we chose Pride for a number of reasons but my first reason is that it is a newer ship. I have been on Royal Caribbean a number of times and have loved it but the more I hear about Carnival, the more I am really looking forward to our Carnival cruise.

I really don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

Elise

7/11 Pride Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;07;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We had this same choice for our cruise in March and it came down to a budget decision. WHen booking through Costco, I saved more than $300 on our balcony guarantee compared to the Royal price.

I also liked the itinerary better with the 2 days at sea on the front end of the cruise. It got us into the vacation mood and inspired us to enjoy our ports more.

We were faced with the same decision for our June 27th cruise. We have sailed both RCL and Carnival before - and the Pride last year. We went with the Pride because we wanted a balcony ( once you've had a balcony you can't ever go back - and there was over a $400 (pp)difference between the two ships....so Carnival has our business again.....make sure you try Davids if you choose the Pride.....it was wonderful.

Sandy

PRIDE 06/27/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;06;27;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

'004/12 4/12 PRIDE CRUISEajezine@usa.com

Pride 4/03

Inspiration 7/21/02

Pacific Princess '00

Magesty of the Seas '99

Big Red Boat '98 (cheerleader cruise)

Celebration '97

Norway '91

Southward '88

Sunward II '86

Starward '83

We were on the Pride in January and loved her!! I priced both Carnival and Royal Caribbean and royal was $800 more! I asked my TA what in the world could be so much better about Royal Caribbean that they could ask such a higher price, he said "nothing, and Pride is a new ship!" Go with Pride, I promise you will have a wonderful experience.

Punknhead, just curious as to the EMPHATIC "I would take RCI over CCL ANY DAY!" Don't you know that's fightin' words on this Carnival lovers board? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif Chud

1054.gifcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;10;16;20;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800  UNTIL SISTERS BOOZE CROOZE

SPIRIT 10/04

drush...I've been on both and have found that the people who cruise on Carnival are much more friendlier and fun to be with than most on RCCL! I encountered so many RUDE people on RCCL's that I lost count. For some reason many of them gave no consideration to others and just did not care about anyone else but themselves!

I WOULD TAKE CCL OVER RCCL ANY DAY!!!!

punknhead...If you prefer RCCL over CCL so much, then what are you doing posting on this board?! Like Chud said, those ARE fightin' words on this Carnival lover's board!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;4;25;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

til next cruise on Carnival Pride!

Carnival Pride 4/04

Carnival Ecstasy 12/03

Royal Caribbean Navigator2/03

Royal Caribbean Viking Serenade AKA "The Barge"11/01

Carnival Elation 2/00

Carnival Holiday 5/98

Carnival Holiday 11/95

I too would take RCCL over CCL any day! I thought these boards were open for anyone to post on! I guess punknhead can post here if he/she wants to Just giving an honest opinion, to bad if it isn't the one you want to see!

quote from above:

I too would take RCCL over CCL any day! I thought these boards were open for anyone to post on! I guess punknhead can post here if he/she wants to Just giving an honest opinion, to bad if it isn't the one you want to see!

And all one has to do is look up your posts and see that the only time you stick your head in here to post is to say something negative about Carnival. The pot calling the kettle black.

To drush, I would look at the following factors and see if it would help make your decision any easier. Price for the type cabin that you are looking for. Which one is better? The itinerary. Do you like more sea days than port days or vice versa? Times in port. Which one has the better times that suit you? One thing to understand here is that both Carnival and RCI target the same demographics. They both have their strong points but when all is said and done they are about even. I don't think that you can go wrong with either ship. Good luck on whichever one you decide.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Thanks everyone for all the input, it has been very helpful! It has been a while since we sailed on either RCL or CCL having most recently been on Princess, Celebrity and Seabourn. It sounds like both would be good choices so I think we will probably go with CCL because the Pride is newer.

Does anyone have any input on shore excursions?

We like water sports and high activity excursions like scuba diving and snorkling.

Thanks again!

Drush, while I can't speak from experience (going on our first cruise next month!), I have heard absolutely RAVE reviews about Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. We're definitely booked to do it on our Pride cruise. If you've always wanted to ride horses along the beach, then Randi's got what you're looking for and more! icon_smile.gif

Here's her site: http://www.mazinfo.com/horsebackride/

Have a great cruise on the Pride!

Mark ºoº

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;05;09;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

Archived