Car Rental with Shuttle

K&KCRUISIN

I recently rented a car at Thrifty at the FLL airport for one day, prior to cruise day.  They allowed me to return it to the Thrifty location just outside of Port Everglades (at no extra charge), where a shuttle took us to the cruise ship (no extra charge for that, either --- other than tip).  I had the vehicle about 30 hrs, and the total cost was about $52.00.

If you belong to Costco....Costco Travel has great rates for rental cars.  We're renting one for a day from FLL to be returned the next day at Alamo at Port Everglades (1700 Eller Dr).  $54.72 for a standard SUV.  Alamo at Port Everglades has a free shuttle to the ship.  We've done this before and it works quite well.

• 6 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, Grandma DeeDee said:

If you belong to Costco....Costco Travel has great rates for rental cars.  We're renting one for a day from FLL to be returned the next day at Alamo at Port Everglades (1700 Eller Dr).  $54.72 for a standard SUV.  Alamo at Port Everglades has a free shuttle to the ship.  We've done this before and it works quite well.

Hello!  I'm looking into doing this for my cruise in November.  Just curious how drop off went for you?  We would most likely drop off the car around 10am-ish but are wondering how crazy/not crazy it is in the mornings?  How long would you say it took you to drop off, get the shuttle and be to port?  Thank you so much!!

1 minute ago, xcourtx said:

Hello!  I'm looking into doing this for my cruise in November.  Just curious how drop off went for you?  We would most likely drop off the car around 10am-ish but are wondering how crazy/not crazy it is in the mornings?  How long would you say it took you to drop off, get the shuttle and be to port?  Thank you so much!!

I've done this twice now with no hiccups either time.  It was a little crazy at Alamo at the port when returning the car because people were coming from the ship to pick up cars.  I don't recall how much time it took to drop off, shuttle and be at the port but if I'd guess I'd say around 1/2 hour to 45 minutes.  Might check to make certain things haven't changed as far as the free shuttle to the ship.  Last time I did it was March of this year and it was still free.  Happy sailing!