Breakaway differences and myths

Lovetotravel7559

16 hours ago, pinklucky61 said:

thought i read somewhere that they televise shows, did they televise rock of ages? we already have burn the floor reservations

Some cruise lines televise activities (shows) run by CD like contests, Love and Marriage, etc.  I do not recall ever seeing headline shows on cabin TV, probably due to copyright restrictions.

On 1/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, pinklucky61 said:

thought i read somewhere that they televise shows, did they televise rock of ages? we already have burn the floor reservations

On the Epic they show the original Priscilla movie and a documentary on the history of how Burn The Floor was created. I loved the show but loved it more after seeing the history.

12 hours ago, Visigoth said:

"No daily news papers from US,EU,Australia.  Maybe everyone gets their news online."

Seriously?  Probably missed mail service as well?  How on earth would any ship at sea get a daily newspaper from anywhere?  

There used to be daily one sheet (8x11) papers with news pertinent to different countries that were printed daily by the ship.  They were usually at guest services  next to extra Freestyle Dailies.  Kind of like a mini USA Today for the US, UK, Canada, Australia or whatever nationality the majority of cruisers on that particular journey were.   I’m guessing that they were made up by the cruise line headquarters and then faxed.  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1368597-doing-away-with-daily-news-sheet/

• Thanks 1

Can anyone explain how the Manhattan Dining Room works when you like to dance?  Can you arrive at say 6 and eat and dance over three hours or so?  I read a review that mentioned that they had danced each night when they dined in the Manhattan dining room.  Do you request a particular table or area near the dance floor?  Thanks.

Another question on the Manhattan dining room. I understand it is more upscale. WHat is the required attire? Is it pants? Do you need jacket?  Or are nice shorts and collared shirt required? Thanks for the help. 

1 hour ago, happy cruzer said:

Can anyone explain how the Manhattan Dining Room works when you like to dance?  Can you arrive at say 6 and eat and dance over three hours or so?  I read a review that mentioned that they had danced each night when they dined in the Manhattan dining room.  Do you request a particular table or area near the dance floor?  Thanks.

I’m sorry we didn’t eat in the Manhattan.  Sometimes I believe they might have live music not sure if it’s always dance music.

You can ask for a table near the dance floor.  I believe they had music every night.  If you eat early, no one is going to run you out.  I will be posting the freestyle dailies in a few days and I think they show what times they had live music.  That was our favorite restaurant, and we ate there almost everynight.

13 minutes ago, jmoak said:

Another question on the Manhattan dining room. I understand it is more upscale. WHat is the required attire? Is it pants? Do you need jacket?  Or are nice shorts and collared shirt required? Thanks for the help. 

Men need long pants and closed shoes with a collared shirt.  Jackets are optional.  This is for Manhattan and Le Bistro 

2 minutes ago, Lovetotravel7559 said:

Men need long pants and closed shoes with a collared shirt.  Jackets are optional.  This is for Manhattan and Le Bistro 

Thank you. I will be sure to take a pair of pants for our dinners here. jmoak

5 hours ago, misguy said:

You can ask for a table near the dance floor.  I believe they had music every night.  If you eat early, no one is going to run you out.  I will be posting the freestyle dailies in a few days and I think they show what times they had live music.  That was our favorite restaurant, and we ate there almost everynight.

Thanks, I found your blog.  Hope to read more 🙂

On 1/28/2019 at 1:17 PM, Lovetotravel7559 said:

I’m sure that’s true.  But not sure that everyone read it right before going to bed. A lot of info in that 5 page daily that was single spaced.  We had no problems as we didn’t schedule any excursions but if the room steward had forgotten to put the announcement on the bed you could conceivably miss your excursion 

LoveToTravel, thanks for your follow up.  We just got off the Breakaway on February 7 and I followed your comments while you were on your cruise.  

For us we had  freestyle daily on our bed every night, if a time change was to take place we had a card also.  Also just FYI for others, a freestyle daily can be picked up at customer service if it was not left in your cabin or better yet the NCL app can be used to check your account, daily activities and notices of time changes or other happenings. 

Your myths and facts are spot on, and there are probably a few more to add, again thanks for thanking time to post, it helps those who only read negative reviews.

3 hours ago, cheersforbeers said:

LoveToTravel, thanks for your follow up.  We just got off the Breakaway on February 7 and I followed your comments while you were on your cruise.  

For us we had  freestyle daily on our bed every night, if a time change was to take place we had a card also.  Also just FYI for others, a freestyle daily can be picked up at customer service if it was not left in your cabin or better yet the NCL app can be used to check your account, daily activities and notices of time changes or other happenings. 

Your myths and facts are spot on, and there are probably a few more to add, again thanks for thanking time to post, it helps those who only read negative reviews.

Hi Cheers for Beers, so glad you had a good time and that you found my comments helpful.  DH and I had a terrific time, especially at the great price that was offered.  

50 minutes ago, Lovetotravel7559 said:

Hi Cheers for Beers, so glad you had a good time and that you found my comments helpful.  DH and I had a terrific time, especially at the great price that was offered.  

Love To Travel, we did on both accounts.  Next January and February we are doing a B2B for 21 days on Getaway out of NO.  At that time of the year we just like to get away

1 minute ago, Lovetotravel7559 said:

I believe so.  That’s what I’ve read.  You could go to the other 2 main dining rooms as they aren’t as dressy.  

I was planning on manhattan room as I thought it would have a shorter wait since it was bigger. Will I have to wait longer for the other two?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, misguy said:

We made reservations for most nights, but even when we didn't we were seated within a few minutes.  I wore polo shirts every night.  I did see them turn someone away that was wearing shorts.

At which restaurant?