Another drinks package query!

indiana123

We are on Sinfonia on 8th Feb.  It seems MSC are offering a free premium drinks package for Fantastica Clients  on some cruises but unfortunately not on this date.... therefore we are considering purchasing a premium package.

Hope this isn't a stupid question... but if, say, a drink , with a mixer, or a cocktail. comes to say 12 euros will we pay just the extra 2 euros or will we be charged for the whole drink.

Thanks

Remember you should have 12 drink vouchers per person included in Fantasica package. 

I’ve read that you won’t get those if you buy a package. 

I don’t drink so that’s 24 for my DW  so we are skipping packages on our Feb 22 cruise on the Sinfonia 

13 hours ago, kevinrobedm said:

If the drink is above the maxium price in your package you pay the amount above the maximum price only.  That is how it worked on the Seaview for us in December.

That is not my understanding, you pay the full amount of any drink priced above the package limit. On many other cruiselines, what you say is true.....but not for MSC.

10 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Remember you should have 12 drink vouchers per person included in Fantasica package. 

I’ve read that you won’t get those if you buy a package. 

I don’t drink so that’s 24 for my DW  so we are skipping packages on our Feb 22 cruise on the Sinfonia 

Thought they had stopped those.  We are in a Fantastica balcony but our TA has thrown in the Restaurant and Bar drinks package (booked it last February) and an internet package.

That is the biggest problem with MSC is consistency in how implement their procedures.

On the Seaview it was only the difference you paid as we asked a head bartender directly, but apparently, like most things on MSC, it is dependent on who you talk to and what they know to be true or how they want to interpret it.

Again on the Seaview, as a YC guest, we were told we could have anything  we wanted including Crepes, Gelato, Ice Cream, Chocolate Drinks, etc.  and we did many many times. We were NEVER charged for anything or questioned about a charge for anything we wanted.

Not sure what the right answer is.

11 hours ago, Dorset Cruiser said:

Thought they had stopped those.  We are in a Fantastica balcony but our TA has thrown in the Restaurant and Bar drinks package (booked it last February) and an internet package.

They did, However they should be good till March.  

My e docs show them as included.

I don't think those tokens are given to UK passengers.

I am finding MS C totally confusing. all these different experiences and cabins and different perks depending on your nationality.  I usually get very very excited over cruises but am not so excited over this one.  what a shame.

I have e mailed MSC for clarification.

I will do another thread but e mail from MSC  re Civitavechia port very blunt.

I will enjoy.. I will enjoy...…………:classic_smile:

Here is the official (!!!) reply from MSC

I presume its payment for whole drink... 

""If you wish to order a drink of 12 euro you can from the menu Perhaps you will have to pay the full amount of that drink, if you wish to upgrade them to premium plus then you can do while your on board.

Should we be of any further assistance, Please don't hesitate to contact us"

To the unaware... that could mean some very costly mistakes

That is just another case of Head Office not consistently communicating to the on ship staff.

We found that over and over again the ship staff don't seem to know or understand or enforce the "so called" direction that comes from the land staff.

It seems that the ship staff, either because they don't know or just don't care, enforce the rules differently.