Is there any town after you get off the tender?

FloridaGram

We will be in Belize on a Carnival cruise and I know they have to tender in.  We don't snorkel or dive so I am wondering if there is anything else to do there. A lot of the ports have downtowns that are safe to walk and shop and I wonder if there is any such thing in Belize? Last time we just stayed on the ship but it seems wrong to go there twice and not ever see the country. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Yes  there is a town.  Belize City.  However, it is mostly a working city as the capital moved to Belmopan in 1970.  Belize City is still the largest city in the country.  However, the area nearest the tender piers is not extremely tourist oriented.  There are tours of the city offered by vendors and cruise ships.  One interesting way to do a tour is via a horse drawn carriage, which you can hire outside the tender pier facility gates.

• 3 weeks later...

Take an excursion, to cave tube, or Mayan ruins, or outer island snorkeling, or zoo...  the city is just a working city.  Belize is a gigantic national park of nature, jungles, and islands.  Don't waste time in the one and only city.