Drug sniffing dogs on board NCL ships?

Kmkub

I posted a thread on the MSC forum about them having found cocaine on the Divina.

A member replied, "My friend just back from NCL cruise ,they had policeman and a dog going around the ship 24/7 sniffing pas for drugs ."

This is creepy. Is this really happening?

3 minutes ago, kfnesq said:

Hm.  Well, doesn't bother me if it's a new thing.  I live with a working drug dog.  Nothing creepy about him lol.  🙂

Well, dogs aren't creepy. Lol...

Seeing a cop in full garb wandering the cabin hallways with a dog, though? I'd find it a bit disconcerting. We'll find out on Friday - off to the Caribbean on the Jade!!

8 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

We had them on EPIC, yesterday. Saw them  at the h20 zone. Not sure if they did the whole ship. I thought it unwise to follow them around. 

Definitely not wise to stalk them. 😉 We'll see what happens. 

I would love to see this. a uniformed officer and a four legged officer would keep the peace. I don't care at all about the drugs but the obnoxious passengers that sometimes appear later in the evening. I'm packing treats   .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, david_sobe said:

Dogs are at all ports of entry.  You see them at airports and sea ports.  Nothing unusual.  Sometimes its just routine patrols and nothing to get excited about.

Agreed, but that's not what this thread is about.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Drug sniffing dogs are often on the ships, especially when there is cause for suspicion.  Its not uncommon at all.   Leave your non-legal drugs at home.

Assume much? 

We've done 10 cruises; never saw a dog before. I was curious.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kmkub said:

I posted a thread on the MSC forum about them having found cocaine on the Divina.

A member replied, "My friend just back from NCL cruise ,they had policeman and a dog going around the ship 24/7 sniffing pas for drugs ."

This is creepy. Is this really happening?

No ,No that was my mother in-law. But she's a flower child from way back  ,harmless completely harmless :classic_wink:

4 hours ago, Kmkub said:

Well, dogs aren't creepy. Lol...

Seeing a cop in full garb wandering the cabin hallways with a dog, though? I'd find it a bit disconcerting. We'll find out on Friday - off to the Caribbean on the Jade!!

We are going to be on the Jade the following week. Please come back and tells us how all of it was.