Edge Traditional Dining - Table For Two?

poffles

First time having traditional dining on Celebrity and wondered what others have experienced with this dining and not wanting to sit at a table with strangers.  There are just two of us and we would like to have a table for two, is this doable?  We typically do select so we can go at any time and also because we don't tend to go to the MDR often so we don't feel like we are 'missing in action' so to speak if we eat elsewhere.

Booked Edge for next month and this was a very sudden decision and I am so behind on how I like to plan ahead (like way way ahead).  I am feeling panicky trying to catch up as I know many others here can relate 🙂 and this ship is beyond different!

We were assigned a 6pm dining time but no assigned restaurant.  We just showed up (mostly around 6, but a few times a bit later) and had a table for 2 every time.  The one time we shared, they asked us if it was 'ok'.  We never had to wait for table and ate in all 4 of the main dining rooms throughout the week.

13 minutes ago, DeBlonde1 said:

We were assigned a 6pm dining time but no assigned restaurant.  We just showed up (mostly around 6, but a few times a bit later) and had a table for 2 every time.  The one time we shared, they asked us if it was 'ok'.  We never had to wait for table and ate in all 4 of the main dining rooms throughout the week.

I assume you didn't get a post card in your stateroom with an assigned dining room like the photo below?

Edit:

We were assigned a table for two which we prefer, even though we didn't have the opportunity to ask for it when we reserved the cruise. 

IMG_20181222_171949661.jpg

Edited by kwokpot

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I assume you didn't get a post card in your stateroom with an assigned dining room like the photo below

No, we were on the wait list for select dining, but our card said 6:00.  We never got that letter.  We asked on the first night where we were supposed to eat and they said we can go wherever we want.  I am not sure if we ended up with select or what.  We only booked a few weeks in advance.