Princess Cay Fire

LordSpain

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Could be wrong, but don't believe any ships besides HAL, and on days HAL is not there, Carnival, have anchored off HMC so Princess will be a new visitor to the island

You are absolutely right.

Hopefully there aren't too many itineraries that co-incide for that stop. 

Isn't the lunch kind of a cooperative effort between ships when more than one is there?  Could be awkward if it was 2 different lines.

My take is that not much essential was damaged and it shouldn't be closed for long.

Roy

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Isn't the lunch kind of a cooperative effort between ships when more than one is there?  Could be awkward if it was 2 different lines.

My take is that not much essential was damaged and it shouldn't be closed for long.

Roy

When two ships are at HMC, absolutely (cooperative efforts on lunch/food making dept, as well as beverage, shorex, entertainment, security and medical depts). There has not, as of yet, been a mix of cruise lines at HMC, so no HAL and Carnival ships together on the same day. We'll see what happens with the temp addition of Princess and available dates until Princess Cays is fixed

Edited by Copper10-8

I was looking at the HMC schedule on cruisetimetables.com and there are only 6 or 7 days open each month for Feb, Mar, and Apr.  OTOH, there are about 17 to 20 days where Princess Cay is scheduled for Feb and Mar, so either they will have to either double up at HMC or just  go somewhere else, like Nassau maybe. Or still use whatever part of Princess Cay that they can.

1 hour ago, catl331 said:

I was looking at the HMC schedule on cruisetimetables.com and there are only 6 or 7 days open each month for Feb, Mar, and Apr.  OTOH, there are about 17 to 20 days where Princess Cay is scheduled for Feb and Mar, so either they will have to either double up at HMC or just  go somewhere else, like Nassau maybe. Or still use whatever part of Princess Cay that they can.

I think the article was quite clear that they will be using HMC in place of Princess Cays.

We’ll just see how it works out. 😉 

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Heard about this on the Princess board a few days ago.  So sad.

It will take time to get it all fixed up.

Yes -- a few ships will be stopping at HMC from time to time -- but never when there is a HAL ship there.

When a HAL ship/ships are there no other cruise line will be.  

I don't believe that the article said that Princess would be using HMC.  Though some Carnival ships that were scheduled for Princess Cay might go to HMC, such as one did a couple of days ago.

Not a major point though since Princess has now said that Princess Cay will reopen Feb 4.

• Like 1