WiFI for MSC Yacht Club

The Admiral

Normally no, but it is an added perk for some sailings. It was included for our December (2018) Seaside YC cabin, and it is included for our December (2019) Meraviglia YC booking. It is their lowest tier Internet Package, but we easily upgraded it to 4 devices, 6Gbs total data, when we boarded. I do not remember the upgrade price, but it was lower than I expected.

I think Internet service is included in many YC sailings now. Check your booking details, it will show if you have this perk.

Perhaps this is why I am unable to see Internet packages on our cruise.  When I log in and select Internet packages , nothing comes up. only the Play Package for activities on the ship.  We are sailing Meraviglia YC in March.  I do not , however, see it in our booking details.  I hav been trying to prebook all our add ons , ie: laundry package etc.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I know this thread is over a year, and things might have changed.  

I wanted to asked the very same question but can't find another newer answer, so hope this helps others looking for the same info. 

Just want to share my recent "booking" experience regarding wifi package on MSC Yacht Club (booking stage only, not onboard yet).

I've booked Belissima (Asia) and Seashore (Mediterranean) 2021. 

Both did not advertise YC include Wifi, especially Seashore (mediterranean), there is a "all in drink and wifi package" for YC which cost around $100 more than normal package (basically means you pay for it). I booked the normal package, and the confirmation showed YC benefit included premium internet package, see below. 

Then I check with MSC book, it does indeed showed browse 2 devices, see below. Same applies to Belissima booking. 

Although, I may be lucky, and these are the only 2 ships offer free wifi for YC, but I am keen to think wifi might become a standard YC benefit now. 

So tips for those wants to book YC Aug to Oct 2021 seashore (mediterranean) , don't buy the "all in drink and wifi "package, which is essentially the same compared to their basic "escape to sea only" package, but pay more. 

Of course, I can't say for sure until I am on the ship. 

If someone have an upcoming trip on YC and didn't buy the wifi package, pls try ask and see if you could get 2 devices free. Thank You. 

confirmation page for Seashore

Your experience: YACHT CLUB PRIVILEGES − Dedicated priority check−in and check−out − Butler service available 24 hours − Dedicated concierge available 24 hours − Room service available 24 hours − Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues −Premium Internet Package, up to 4 GB (depending on the length of the cruise). − Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea SPA − Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers) − Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club points EXCLUSIVITY

screenshot from MSC book YC booking. 

Description

Cruise

Browse - 2 devices

confirmation page for Belissima 

Your experience: YACHT CLUB PRIVILEGES − Dedicated priority check−in and check−out − Butler service available 24 hours − Dedicated concierge available 24 hours − Room service available 24 hours − Unlimited beverage selection in MSC Yacht Club areas and in all bars and restaurants of the ship according to the drink selections available in the different venues −Premium Internet Package, up to 4 GB (depending on the length of the cruise). − Complimentary access to the Thermal Suite in the MSC Aurea SPA − Relaxation amenities in each suite (including bathrobe and slippers) − Most rewarding experience for MSC Voyagers Club point

This is on seashore brochure YIN description.

MSC YACHT CLUB INTERIOR

• Comfortable double bed which can be converted in two single beds (on request). Sitting area with sofa. Spacious wardrobe. Bathroom with shower.  Interactive TV, telephone and safe. Wifi connection included. Mini bar. Air conditioning. Surface approx. 21 sq.m.*

Edited by Fly2where

1 hour ago, sidari said:

I believe the included WiFi for YC began from this summer.

Yes, exactly this.  To have started July 2020.
Now, with all the changes and cancelations, hopefully it will stay. It is 

Listed  in our  YC Meraviglia sailings next fall.

I should prefer that it wasn't included because I will probably not use it. It's obviously not free but included in the price so without it the price could be a little lower. I still think that the YC give excellent value for the money compared to NCLs Haven.

The only thing I normally use internet for on a cruise is to check-in for our flight home after the cruise. Our next cruise will be within the European Union and we have a portday the day before we disembark so I can do that on my phone without any extra cost.