Free speciality dining and Izumi Hibachi

rkkunk

I have asked on Allure if I could use it with my free dinner, my 5 night package, a BOGO dinner and have been told NO NO NO.  My guess is that it is very unlikely you will be able to use it there, but hey, it's worth a shot.

5 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I have asked on Allure if I could use it with my free dinner, my 5 night package, a BOGO dinner and have been told NO NO NO.  My guess is that it is very unlikely you will be able to use it there, but hey, it's worth a shot.

We dined at Hibachi on Allure at Christmas for an extra $10 per person with our UDP.  On Oasis last March we used it as part of our 4 night dining package no extra charge.

It pays to ask. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It pays to ask. 

On Harmony last week I had heard that with the UDP that Hibachi could be chosen for night 1.  I went to the location that arranged for dining times and the woman who was going to handle our reservations told me we could go for a 20% discount.  I challenged her and said I heard it was part of the UDP on night 1 only.  She asked someone else, who was supposedly in charge, and was told yes, the first night only.  We did go the first night and enjoyed it just as we had when we paid for it on Allure.

I am going to ask again about the first night on Allure, but for some reason, I think I will still  get the same answer, but if they said $10 extra, I'd do that so that we would have another choice for the week of dining.  Thanks for the info about the $10.

21 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

On Harmony last week I had heard that with the UDP that Hibachi could be chosen for night 1.  I went to the location that arranged for dining times and the woman who was going to handle our reservations told me we could go for a 20% discount.  I challenged her and said I heard it was part of the UDP on night 1 only.  She asked someone else, who was supposedly in charge, and was told yes, the first night only.  We did go the first night and enjoyed it just as we had when we paid for it on Allure.

I am going to ask again about the first night on Allure, but for some reason, I think I will still  get the same answer, but if they said $10 extra, I'd do that so that we would have another choice for the week of dining.  Thanks for the info about the $10.

On Allure we ate at Hibachi on Day 3.  All the reservations were made the first day.  The funny thing was that when I made the reservation the person making them (kiosk in promenade) didn’t mention anything about the $10 extra per person.  It was only at the restaurant.  I was certainly happy paying the extra $10 to be able to dive at Hibachi.

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On Allure we ate at Hibachi on Day 3.  All the reservations were made the first day.  The funny thing was that when I made the reservation the person making them (kiosk in promenade) didn’t mention anything about the $10 extra per person.  It was only at the restaurant.  I was certainly happy paying the extra $10 to be able to dive at Hibachi.

I am hoping that things have changed from our last 4 cruises on Allure.  I will see what they say when we board.  It sounds promising as opposed to what we have been told in the past.

I like the kiosk to arrange dining better than having to go to the MDR where MTD is on boarding day to make reservations for the specialty restaurants.  Wish us luck!  Thanks for posting and giving me some ammunition, lol.

30 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I am hoping that things have changed from our last 4 cruises on Allure.  I will see what they say when we board.  It sounds promising as opposed to what we have been told in the past.

I like the kiosk to arrange dining better than having to go to the MDR where MTD is on boarding day to make reservations for the specialty restaurants.  Wish us luck!  Thanks for posting and giving me some ammunition, lol.

That was one of the few tines I’ve used the kiosk.  Usually I just head up to Central Park and go to Chops or 150 CP.  I’ve never gone to the MDR to make reservations for specialty.  Hope it works out for you.  I’ll be trying again in 5 weeks on Symphony.

Thanks everyone! I think we will ask. Like Ken said, all they can say is no. We are even willing  to pay the 20% off. We will have the BOGO.

Our son turns 17 the day before the cruise and has never been to hibachi before. We thought it would be a fun way to celebrate.