Enjoying The Ultimate Beverage Package from My Cabin?

NextLevelPlease

6 hours ago, senoragilbert said:

On Sky, which is open bar, we could always get our beverages served in our 20-oz. vacuum tumblers. Is that not the case using UBP on another ship?

Well that sounds perfectly reasonable...  I have no clue as this will be my first Ultimate Drink package.

A 20 ounce pour of wine sounds about right for the cabin :-D  Whilst getting ready for the show!

Edited by NextLevelPlease
typo

On 2/2/2019 at 6:25 PM, NextLevelPlease said:

Hi guys :-)

I have read many conversations about drink packages.

No one seems to be asking the question I have:  How do you enjoy the drink package in your room?

When I am in a cabin with a balcony - I am there most of the time.

I want to enjoy my cocktails while watching the ocean go by!  

It seems, to use the drink package, you have to go out and get the drink.

Aside from asking the bartenders to give me drinks with caps on them what else is there to do?

Most drinks with caps or tops are beer and maybe a mini champagne?

:classic_rolleyes:How do I enjoy my drink package from my balcony?

Any thoughts regarding this?

Thanks so much!

Your discussion answers your question. Unfortunately there is really no way to enjoy beverages in your cabin unless you go get them.

10 hours ago, NextLevelPlease said:

Well that sounds perfectly reasonable...  I have no clue as this will be my first Ultimate Drink package.

A 20 ounce pour of wine sounds about right for the cabin 😄  Whilst getting ready for the show!

Not sure they would give you a 20 ounce pour of wine as that is four plus servings, when you have the UBP.  The reason they did it on the Sky is because there is no UBPs, as they have an open bar for everyone.  Having the UBP is something totally different than the open bar on the Sky and they might make the assumption that you would be sharing that with someone who doesn't have the drink package.  If you do try it to get more than two servings in a container, please come back and let everyone know if it worked out or not.

• Haha 1

We bring two empty water bottles and a funnel. Every time we are returning to  our cabin we each get two drinks from a bar on the way - wine (we like to drink it in the evenings) or  Bailey's straight up (we like it in our coffee in the morning). Hoard in the mini fridge. 

• Like 1

Really depends on what you drink.uf your a rum and coke kinda person that's easy. Grab a couple cans of soda before hand and use the big cup to horde rum in the way.  But if you a pina coloda person, well that's a pain in the butt.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, don24 said:

Really depends on what you drink.uf your a rum and coke kinda person that's easy. Grab a couple cans of soda before hand and use the big cup to horde rum in the way.  But if you a pina coloda person, well that's a pain in the butt.

Houston we have a problem here - getting dem CANS of Pepsi the wanna-be Real Thing Rum and Coke !

There maybe a few bars that still have cans of Pepsi that have not be converted over to the gun dispensing service.

Ginger Ale you will find in cans easily but Pepsi is very difficult. Sierra Mist and Club Soda are dispensed by the gun.

The Pepsi in the mini-fridge - check the use by date especially the diet stuff and it is outrageously overpriced !

Guess you are going to have to tough-it-out - none of the creature features of your own bar at home.

If you make contact with a bartender and you tip well some things can be made to happen but beware if the bar

is under video monitoring he can't just give away the store. 

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, teehuge said:

We bring two empty water bottles and a funnel. Every time we are returning to  our cabin we each get two drinks from a bar on the way - wine (we like to drink it in the evenings) or  Bailey's straight up (we like it in our coffee in the morning). Hoard in the mini fridge. 

Love this idea!  This is the first time in a long time that I am sailing in a balcony and I love to have a glass or two of wine in the late afternoon while watching the ocean go by.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 8:07 AM, teehuge said:

😍  Thanks for your candor, TeeHuge.

Yep this seems to be the only answer for wine drinkers!

(Who want to drink wine in their cabin with the UBP)

On 2/4/2019 at 11:08 AM, don24 said:

Yeah I guess I will have to be that gal at the pool bar for the Pina Coladas! 

On 2/4/2019 at 5:08 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Guess you are going to have to tough-it-out - none of the creature features of your own bar at home.

If you make contact with a bartender and you tip well some things can be made to happen but beware if the bar

is under video monitoring he can't just give away the store. 

Good advice Tartan with No Name!

Making friends with a bartender (or 3) will be Super important! :classic_laugh:

6 hours ago, robin13 said:

Love this idea!  This is the first time in a long time that I am sailing in a balcony and I love to have a glass or two of wine in the late afternoon while watching the ocean go by.

You might consider bringing your own wine onboard (heck of a lot cheaper and you don't run the risk of them not having what you like) and just pay the $15 corkage fee.  That way you can have as much wine as you like in the cabin.  This may seem redundant to the UBP but it's something to consider.

*I happen to be the third person listed in my cabin this time as I knew my 30 yo son would get much more out the drink package than me.  So, this is how I'm getting some for me without having to pay NCL's exorbitant prices.  Also, very easy to pour a glass when leaving the cabin to take with me wherever.  Love the idea of saving the free bottle from the platinum perk as well.

Edited by tarps14
  • Like 1

Just now, tarps14 said:

You might consider bringing your own wine onboard (heck of a lot cheaper and you don't run the risk of them not having what you like) and just pay the $15 corkage fee.  That way you can have as much wine as you like in the cabin.  This may seem redundant to the UBP but it's something to consider.

This is how I usually do it! 

But I wanted to experience the UBP - at least once.

The service charge on the UBP is 18 bucks a day...

The UBP was/is one of the gimme incentives for the next booked cruise.