Breakaway / Live (*) / Solo - Feb-07-17-2019...

sid_9169

HI Sid,

I will be traveling solo on the breakaway in November of 2019.  I look forward to reading your review and seeing all of the pictures you post.  You do such a good job with your reviews.  Hopefully you will be able to get in some "live" review time.

• Like 1

Thanks to all of you who are along for the ride so far. I'm off work now, and a bit of laundry and packing are in store for this evening... (And, of course a few adult beverages...)

This will be my first ever sailing from the Port of New Orleans, and also my first "real visit" to the city... I have passed through for work years ago, but never had the time to experience the sights (or tastes) of the Crescent City. I booked a room at the InterContenental New Orleans back in October 2018 (when I still had a job...) and, that puts me pretty much right in the middle of the action as far as I can tell. I stalked flights for months, and finally booked at a much higher rate than I was expecting, but I do have to get there and back somehow... 

For the past few months I've been researching on TripAdvisor, Yelp, Eater, ect to try and get some kind of game plan together. I'm so used to sailing out of familiar places like Miami, where I already know the lay of the land... I have drawn a handy portable map of some of the places to eat and consume adult beverages within walking distance of my hotel. This is going to be a whole new thing for me, so I'm hoping my research pans out. I have hit a couple of bumps along the road, trying out new places based solely on internet inquiries... 

• Like 1

following...sorry you can't do a live review...but we'll take what we can get!  With all the stuff you've had going on...hope you have a great cruise...relax and enjoy!!  Will you post some of your wanderings in New Orleans....hope so!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jbhcw said:

following...sorry you can't do a live review...but we'll take what we can get!  With all the stuff you've had going on...hope you have a great cruise...relax and enjoy!!  Will you post some of your wanderings in New Orleans....hope so!!

Thanks for being here, jbhcw... Yes, I'll be posting all the way from here to New Orleans as well as embarkation day up until well after sail away... I will also be doing some live stuff from Cozumel and Grand Cayman with my Verizon travel pass...

• Like 2

I would normally be skeptical of the opinion of a Yankee ground hog, but it looks like Punxsutawney Phil was right on by not seeing his shadow. We've been enjoying warm weather here in Atlanta, and they're calling for record highs in a couple of days...

IMG_20190205_174731331.jpg

Laundry is now in the dryer, and the first beer has been cracked open... About to retrieve my passport from its hiding space, and soon the packing will be under way... I've decided that I'm going to need to check a bag, which I normally don't like to do. I can easily do a seven day cruise with just a carry on, but ten days plus one in New Orleans necessitates additional stuff... I'm about to get my uber set up for tomorrow morning, and things will soon be getting real!...

IMG_20190205_182531825.jpg

Earlier today, the owner of my new company wanted me to go to the pharmacy and pick up a prescription for him... He threw me the keys to his brand new car, and insisted that I take it. Now, I'm not really comfortable driving a car that's worth more than everything I own combined, but he twisted my arm. He even said that I needed to push a particular button to engage "sport mode"... Anyhoo, I'm just glad that I didn't wreck the thing, as there's no way I could ever afford to replace it...

IMG_20190205_141752.thumb.jpg.f1c8416480a4f9e4ada3eef93e702387.jpg

IMG_20190205_141820.jpg

• Like 2

I really like to thank all of you who are following along and commenting so far... I recognize many of the usernames, and I appreciate you returning and responding to my journey. You are the main reason I do this thing.

For those of you who haven't yet read one of my "reviews" I hope that you can do so with a grain of salt. I don't go out and take pictures of restaurant menus and all that kind of stuff. I consider my reviews 50% information and 50% entertainment. I really love that the readers respond, and I have a lot of fun with the back and forth of it all. If I don't respond to your comment right away, know that I'm reading every single one. I will personally thank every one of you by name at the end of the adventure.

Drinks continue, and the laundry is in the dryer.

IMG_20190204_183426802.jpg

• Like 6

Sorry about the brick...but, don't worry!  It will always be there in loving memory, no matter what is propped on it.  Brick & Mortar will be eternal 🙂

Enjoy NOLA! I have always wanted to go there. This is gonna be fun watching you navigate NOLA and your thoughts.  Can you have Emeril sign a pic for me? LOL! Safe travels 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi Sid_9169! First time follower of yours and I'm super excited! I'm from Athens so not too far away! I will be on the Breakaway October 6th and I can't wait! I have searched many times for Breakaway "live" reviews so when I stumbled upon your review I couldn't contain myself! Even though it won't be a live live review, I'm still super stoked about following along! 

What is your itinerary and what do you have planned for the islands? 

Anyways, thanks for taking time out of your days to report back to us! I look forward to your future posts! 

Edited by Tminish
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tminish said:

Hi Sid_9169! First time follower of yours and I'm super excited! I'm from Athens so not too far away! I will be on the Breakaway October 6th and I can't wait! I have searched many times for Breakaway "live" reviews so when I stumbled upon your review I was couldn't contain myself! Even though it won't be a live live review, I'm still super stoked about following along! 

What is your itinerary and what do you have planned for the islands? 

Anyways, thanks for taking time out of your days to report back to us! I look forward to your future posts! 

Thanks for joining me... I hope you're prepared for quite a journey, and I hope your sense of humor is just a little bit twisted, cause it may get bumpy... We're heading to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, ocho rios (Jamaica) Belize City, and harvest caye (Belize) My only real plans so far are my usual journey to the East side of Cozumel to eat and drink. In Grand Cayman, I'll probably just take the public bus up the coast to do the same. In Jamaica, I'll probably stay on the ship, as I've never had much luck there. In harvest caye, I plan on taking the ferry to Placencia to experience the "real Belize" rather than ncls private island. In Belize City I haven't decided yet... Thanks again for following along!

• Like 1

This is taking a lot longer than I had planned... It's like I'm moving away for almost a half a month... Got the tunes going on the stereo, and pushing through with the hard stuff. Hopefully tomorrow morning it'll be all downhill.

Boarding passes are printed, and my TSA pre check is in order, so that's good news. We've all seen the possible long lines for security.

IMG_20190205_205826612.jpg

I’m really excited to catch another review of yours! I read all of your Bliss review and loved it. We’re on the Breakaway in May and I haven’t seen too many in depth reviews of her. We’ve only sailed the Escape, so I’m looking forward to  seeing what’s different/same. I’m worried I’m going to miss District Brewhouse and Food Republic. We never made it to Pinchos, since about 3 days into our cruise, our fun was interrupted by Irma. Made for a stressful rest of the cruise. Anyway, have a great time!!

• Like 1

I bought a 30 pack of the Rebound patches for this adventure... It claims to be a new "improved" formula. I've used them in the past with pretty good results. I also have a few of the pills leftover from my last cruise that I'll bring along as well. I need all the help I can get nowadays, though I am a professional, so don't try this at home.

IMG_20190205_211920662.jpg

• Like 2

Looking forward to your review, Sid.  I’ll probably have to catch most of it about a week after as I’ll be boarding the Bliss on the 16th.

New Orleans is one of my favorite cities.  I’m not sure if it’s on your map, but you definitely should stop by Mother’s for lunch.  It’s off of Poydras St and is delicious.

Enjoy the Breakaway, and safe travels!

• Like 3