Seaside-Noise from above? YC rooms under public/rec areas

Fogfog

Hello

Looking at MSC and noted that the deckplans appear to show pool/deck areas directly above the YC staterooms

Is this correct--- Are you hearing the noise from deck chairs and pool maintenance/pumps?

The rooms that are closest to the restaurant... also under the public YC areas -- do they also hear kitchen/server traffic?

TYIA

Thanks for your reply.

Has anyone else been in YC and noted noise from above. 

We normally sail another line and know that the pool/spa area and cafe etc have foot traffic/moving of pool loungers or even pool pump noise depending on the position of the stateroom

We'd like to be "all in" and expecting a great experience in room/dining etc ... I am a very light sleeper and above a disco/below a noisy public deck are things we look for

It is interesting they positioned the YC where it is

TYIA

2 minutes ago, Cruisergal1208 said:

We have been under the pool area and not heard much noise.  We use ear plugs and that helps a lot.  Try to get a cabin on deck 16 to avoid being under the One Pool deck.

Ahh TY

Got it.. SO likely deck 18 is noisy

10 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

Ahh TY

Got it.. SO likely deck 18 is noisy

I would say NO.... Remember...limited passengers for YC area.... The crew does much of their work in the early evening.... Like i said we were in 18011 which is under the canopy area in between pool area and front area (by jacuzzis)...It was very quiet. Not much moving of furniture or cleaning as this is a smaller area. We enjoyed the 18th deck....Top Sail lounge 1 deck below...Pool deck one deck up.... Would book on this deck again without any reservation

1 hour ago, lcpagejr said:

I would say NO.... Remember...limited passengers for YC area.... The crew does much of their work in the early evening.... Like i said we were in 18011 which is under the canopy area in between pool area and front area (by jacuzzis)...It was very quiet. Not much moving of furniture or cleaning as this is a smaller area. We enjoyed the 18th deck....Top Sail lounge 1 deck below...Pool deck one deck up.... Would book on this deck again without any reservation

TY Appreciate your review/comments 

Happy Sailing

36 minutes ago, mafig said:

She didn't say it was noisy.  She said she brought earplugs.  I do too.  Even on Celebrity.

🤣🤣

Been married over 30+ yrs

Never use earplugs-- just roll him over

Never use ear plugs on cruises

Noise = ear plugs

why else wear them? 😆

Edited by Fogfog

28 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

🤣🤣

Noise = ear plugs

why else wear them? 😆

I bring them.   Just in case.  Don't necessarily wear them.

Edited by mafig

34 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

🤣🤣

Noise = ear plugs

why else wear them? 😆

I’m A very light sleeper and any little noise bothers me therefore I use earplugs. 

Sailed her last July and booked on Deck 16.  Total quiet.  Not going to be much noise on 18 either as you are talking about a small group of clientele at any given time.

You're going to LOVE the YC...I felt sooo spoiled! Total attention-to-detail by all the staff!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

do not use the first few yc staterooms on deck 18, from midship to front.

They are under non YC public area, your sleep is over at 4 to 5 AM, because of bumping deckchairs for cleaning.

There may be a bit of noise at 7:00 a.m. or so, but it is the stetting up of chairs in the YC area.  Mist ship to fron of the area above Deck 18 is the One Pool area.  Some aft rooms on 18 are under non YC space (Aurea Bar and Aurea seating areas.

• Like 1