CC Boards

:mad: Am I the only one who is (again) frustrated with these boards. It seems to take "forever" to get on. Posts to threads often are lost because of another "timed out". I am tired of often staring at a white screen. Anyone else feel my frustration?

The boards have been pretty darn slow the past few days - very frustrating to say the least.

I feel your pain.

These boards have had huge connection issues for the past year if not more. To be quite honest I do not think they have tech people maintaining them to keep them running smoothley. Either that or their web host is not any good and they need to change. What ever the case may be for the amount of traffic this website gets I think they owe it to their patrons to provide a better product as far issues go.

I say all this as I am Software Engineer and I am used to rectifying these types of issues. Otherwise it is a fantastic site full of great information and it must not be too bad as we are all still here. :p

Oh come on you get what you pay for, right.... This is an amazing resource and all for free... Remember bandwidth is not cheep

Yes it's free but I sure see a lot of ads on the site so someone is getting paid.

Am I the only one today who;

Can't get on the boards?

Writes a reply to a question and has the dreaded white page appear and no reply post shows up under the thread you tried to answer?

Tries to open a thread to read and it takes forever, and or, never opens so you move on and get the same on the next one too?

Gets more than the one reply when you finally are able to post?

Notice that the boards do not seem to have as many answers and the questions are not moving down as much? Maybe others are also frustrated?

Free or not. This is really getting annoying. :mad:

JMHO

I must be an "old-timer" because I can remember when 100 people participating at any one time was a lot. The other day when things were really slow, I looked and there were over 600 on line--a record high. I think they are overloaded:eek:

I must be an "old-timer" because I can remember when 100 people participating at any one time was a lot. The other day when things were really slow, I looked and there were over 600 on line--a record high. I think they are overloaded:eek:

I am an older timer than you. :)

I agree with you about the number of people on the boards. But, how many are having the same trouble posting, or just give up.

Take notice that when you log out, many times your name is still on the board with everyone else's. I have to log out twice in a row now to get my name off.

Then I go back to look at some other post and they make me log in again even though my name is still listed as already being logged in.

Very frustrating lately. More so than when they changed over from the older boards.

Truffles2.

3 different clock codes.

Here are the sites for some of the clocks.

http://www.*****/cd/vc/

http://www.tickerfactory.com/Travel/...e=4&sub_type=7

http://www.echlforums.com/clock.htm (just like the quietmans.)

When you copy any of them, go to the User CP above on the left. Click it open and paste it into your signature

TexasMom2,Yes, that happens to me also. But today, no post when I get back on. I just give up and forget about it.

No complaints from me. I'm just happy that this forum is available. However, a quick hint, because sometimes posts do "get lost." If I have a longish post, I copy it before I hit the "Post" button. That way, if my post is lost, I can just paste it into the next attempt. Saves a lot of frustration and typing, IMHO. :rolleyes:

Hi Alexis...yes, you were here before me. You helped me a lot when I first started and I still refer to some of your past instructions today! You helped me with my clock and avatar and I see you are still helping others. Thanks!

LOL

I am an older timer than you.

I meant I was born long before you, not just on here. :D

I happened to notice you said you missed your clock. As you can see it is really just like the quietmans.

I remember when you were trying to get your gifs just like the rest of us at that time. Wow, that was a loooong time ago. We are ancient. :)

Hey, 10 days? Want to trade clocks????

Ah, yes, the old clock problem. I really should work on my signature and erase all the Escati references and thank elchforums. Maybe tomorrow....

and speaking of signing in and out....I never sign in or out and said once that it probably looked like I was on here 24/7 but someone said that if you don't sign out, it signs you out automatically after a period of time.

Archived