Tips

Star70

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Especially on turn around day

From what I've been told, we are now paying the helpers.  That is one reason why the standard tip amount was increased to include including stateroom helpers.  The stateroom attendants were losing too much of their tip by paying helpers, so Royal added it to the standard tip.

The threads on this forum that seem to get the most response are concerning Tips or Dress code.

From the FAQ on Royal Caribbean website concerning tipping  "These guidelines serve as suggestions"

From the FAQ on Royal Caribbean website for Dress code: "Suggested guidelines for these nights are:"

So why is it OK to ignore the suggested dress code with the comments such as I wear what I want on Formal night in the MDR, but when it comes to anyone ignoring the suggested guidelines concerning tips it is wrong and you are stiffing the crew?  Help 😕  

I thought I understood the meaning of suggested. 🤔

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, laslomas said:

The threads on this forum that seem to get the most response are concerning Tips or Dress code.

From the FAQ on Royal Caribbean website concerning tipping  "These guidelines serve as suggestions"

From the FAQ on Royal Caribbean website for Dress code: "Suggested guidelines for these nights are:"

So why is it OK to ignore the suggested dress code with the comments such as I wear what I want on Formal night in the MDR, but when it comes to anyone ignoring the suggested guidelines concerning tips it is wrong and you are stiffing the crew?  Help 😕  

I thought I understood the meaning of suggested. 🤔

You are 100% correct. I wear shorts to the dining room and cancel the auto gratuity. I believe in consistency 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:
On 2/15/2019 at 11:02 AM, mr walker said:

Actually you'd be surprised how many workers love the US system.

Cruise workers love it too!

They are overtipped constantly!

A bartender pours 100 drinks or more an hour and makes at least $50 in tips = $500 a day and walks with $10.000 a month mostly tax free!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luvtheships said:

So if a passenger removes their tips would their steward still share in the overall ships tip pot?

in other words is the total divided up among all. Some weeks moreo e weeks less. Depending on how many remove tips 

Absolutely!

Not  YOUR staff gets YOUR auto tip.... tips are divided by a point system that has factors such as the department survey score, attendance, seniority, punctuality and sick-days in it.

It is just a bonus system funded by the passengers!

18 hours ago, holiday-shrek said:

Absolutely!

Not  YOUR staff gets YOUR auto tip.... tips are divided by a point system that has factors such as the department survey score, attendance, seniority, punctuality and sick-days in it.

It is a sad system they have setup.

18 hours ago, holiday-shrek said:

Absolutely!

OK let's see this system you claim is in place to divide tips? Please post a link or a letter from Royal confirming your claim.  I have sat with Hotel Directors on the line and directly asked them and they will not answer. The truth is you cannot show it becasue the cruise lines will not directly answer the simple question..... Where does the money go and who is included in the tip pool.  But we do know on some lines the money does not even stay on the same ship it can go to other ships in the line. 

All guests can do is look at the information provide, letters to crew, cruise line website and make a judgement call. On Carnival  we know the new added 3% on bar bills does NOT go to the crew..... the letter from them has been posted. Half of the 3% 1.5% goes to uniforms and airline travel tickets and other fees as directed by the cruise line. 

Therefore your statement and must statement here are just opinions. Until the cruise lines come clean and tell guests exactly what is the total story

On 2/16/2019 at 1:56 AM, holiday-shrek said:

Absolutely!

You have been a part of the system that you know personally how the tips are allocated?  

Which ship did you work on? Perhaps we once met on board.