coastal kitchen on allure

3shar

Hi there. I had a question about coastal kitchen. I have heard the menu is not very big and if you have finicky eaters (16 year old) it may not be the place to go. Will they make items not on the menu ? Obtain something from another restaurant? 

Coastal Kitchen on Allure is on Deck 17.  The MDR is on Deck 3 or 4.   It would be quite an inconvenience to send a waiter down 14 decks for a different meal.  The Windjammer is on Deck 15 so that might be a possibility, but still quite an inconvenience to the wait staff who are trying to service other tables.  And I doubt that they are prepared for special meals for finicky eaters.  You can always ask, but don't know how successful you'll be.  

If you have the Royal App, you can access all the daily menus for Coastal Kitchen for your cruise.  You might want to look them over and see if you want to eat there or not. 

When I eat at coastal kitchen, I have found them to be just like the MDR in that they can bring things off the menu.  For breakfast I often went.  I like to eat corned beef hash in the am.  It's not on the menu, but I asked if I could have it and they said no problem.  Another option is for your child to go to windjammer (just one one floor down) and grab some food and bring it up and eat with you at the table.

Thanks for the replys. I most certainly didnt expect them to run around the ship to get things but thought they may make simple items in the kitchen like chicken nuggets, pasta etc. We are familiar with NCl The Haven and they would accomodate any appetite. 

1 hour ago, 3shar said:

Thanks for the replys. I most certainly didnt expect them to run around the ship to get things but thought they may make simple items in the kitchen like chicken nuggets, pasta etc. We are familiar with NCl The Haven and they would accomodate any appetite. 

are you feeding a 16 year old or a 6 year old? if they don't want something on the menu just tell them to go hungry or walk down to the buffet and eat here. 

1 minute ago, 3shar said:

No need to be rude...She eats plenty of things but not super fancy stuff and that is what I heard they serve.  

not my intent to be rude, but im sure there are things that she has not eaten that should could try, and if she doesn't like it or refuses to try it, the buffet is available. 

Im sure there are but again I heard the menu was limited. As we are paying to stay in a star class suite I would like to take advantage of the suite restaurant. Seeing as it is a family vacation we would all prefer to eat together and I was trying to make everyone happy

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Coastal Kitchen on Allure is on Deck 17.  The MDR is on Deck 3 or 4.   It would be quite an inconvenience to send a waiter down 14 decks for a different meal.  The Windjammer is on Deck 15 so that might be a possibility, but still quite an inconvenience to the wait staff who are trying to service other tables.  And I doubt that they are prepared for special meals for finicky eaters.  You can always ask, but don't know how successful you'll be.  

If you have the Royal App, you can access all the daily menus for Coastal Kitchen for your cruise.  You might want to look them over and see if you want to eat there or not. 

We were on Anthem in a JS back in March of '17. Ate dinner in CC every night but the first night. The service level was magnitudes better than any MDR service we have ever received.  Our first night in CC, my daughter was bummed that Lobster Bisque was not on the menu (we were expecting it to be since it was in the MDR that night).  Our waiter, Milan, heard her lament to me and said "I will be glad to get it for you".  Despite our repeated assurances that it was not necessary he went down and got it for both her and me.  Anytime we were debating between dishes and asking his opinion he would either steer us away from something he had no faith in or bring us both items.  I think any reasonable request would be honored.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 3shar said:

Im sure there are but again I heard the menu was limited. As we are paying to stay in a star class suite I would like to take advantage of the suite restaurant. Seeing as it is a family vacation we would all prefer to eat together and I was trying to make everyone happy

If I was STAR class, I probably wouldn't visit CK that often.  Much better places you can go.

Great place for breakfast,  especially if you are on deck 17

45 minutes ago, Bradison said:

We were on Anthem in a JS back in March of '17. Ate dinner in CC every night but the first night. The service level was magnitudes better than any MDR service we have ever received.  Our first night in CC, my daughter was bummed that Lobster Bisque was not on the menu (we were expecting it to be since it was in the MDR that night).  Our waiter, Milan, heard her lament to me and said "I will be glad to get it for you".  Despite our repeated assurances that it was not necessary he went down and got it for both her and me.  Anytime we were debating between dishes and asking his opinion he would either steer us away from something he had no faith in or bring us both items.  I think any reasonable request would be honored.

Anthem's CK is next to Windjammer so it's easy to slip over there and get things and bring back to CK - which we did a few times ourselves.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They have a kiddie menu in CK. Nuggets, spaghetti, sliders, etc.  

They have the best cheeseburgers on the ship. we found this out by talking to some  RCL cruisaholics. We ordered one at lunch and they were right, and we’re a long way from being kids, agewise anyway.

There is also a section on the menu for the “tried and true type” items that you would see in the main dining room, so I’m willing to bet she would go for something from that section.

But I agree with a previous post: if you are doing star class, go hit the specialty restaurants every night. My wife and I probably would.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

They have the best cheeseburgers on the ship. we found this out by talking to some  RCL cruisaholics. We ordered one at lunch and they were right, and we’re a long way from being kids, agewise anyway.

Found the menu from Oasis. Not all ships use this one.

Banana split from kids menu.  Slightly more adult version.

20180623_091137.jpg

20190106_124409.jpg

We were on Oasis in December and they were very accommodating in the CK.  We had one person with allergies and the chef came to our table every time we were there and asked specifically what she wanted.  He surprised her with amazing dishes that we all wanted to try. 

1 hour ago, grandgeezer said:

Agree!

Just want to say thanks ahead of time for those that are able to answer the following question about CK since I am asking for a friend 🙂

On the Allure how many different menus are there for a 7 day sailing.

Two years ago there was just the one.

No I am hearing everything from 2-7 different.

Can someone confirm how many.

Also

Besides the App (RCI)

Where can I review them.

Thanking for a friend.

Safe travels.