Norwegian Encore 4/2020-Bermuda(NYC-Bermuda)

noelea626

Hi Everyone,

This would be my family's first cruise and on the new ship, Encore.

Any tips would be great

Anything we should look out for: Dining Complementary vs. Speciality? Room Service-Free? Mini-Bar in room with small children-Should I request it to be emptied and locked?

Wi-Fi? Should I put all phones on Airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi off as I do not want any hidden costs.

Also,

What is anyone's thoughts on Snorkel Bay Beach? I have 2 senior citizen family members along on this trip, one has mobility issues. I figured this would be the best bet since it is very close to the Royal Naval Dockyard.

Thanks you all for your feedback.

Thank you so much. I am new to these boards so please forgive me if I posted in the wrong place.

In regards to Snorkel Bay. While I understand it is man made, I have a person who has limited mobility and cannot travel all over the island. 

Thank you.

Hi, I think, in light of your family member with mobility issues, Snorkel Bay would be just fine.  I always spend the last day in Bermuda at Snorkel Bay while my husband plays golf and I find it to be just fine, and very close to the ship. 🙂 ..Have a GREAT time...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noelea626 said:

Wi-Fi? Should I put all phones on Airplane mode and turn Wi-Fi off as I do not want any hidden costs.

You should download the NCL app. Once onboard you can see scheduled events, view your current reservations and track onboard spending.

Put your phone in airplane mode then turn on wifi and log onto the ship's wifi. It is free to use the app and you do not need to setup a separate account.

Edited by Paul Bogle
  • Like 2

I did not hear great reviews on Snorkel Bay but it is close. However, in the dockyard I enjoy going to Fungolf and the Bermuda History Museum- they are both enjoyable.

I also liked taking the ferry to St George- sometimes I like the ferry ride as much as the destination.

- I used to just shut the phone off right when I get on board before it sails- in NY I heard there is around a few mile radius before you are charged roaming.

*However, I had an Ipod so used that with my free wi fi package- i Ipod touch  was basically a Iphone with out the phone.