Need advise fast please

golfer1903

No... Too close for my comfort. In Feb 2018, we booked a delta flight overseas for Late October. They changed our flight times SEVEN times! I booked original for the adequate layover times. That ended up to 44 mins for an international switch were we had to rescreen security in a foreign country. Delta customer service gave us run around and would not change it. Finally got satisfaction when I posted dilemma on a popular social media platform. So maybe try that if all else fails. Ironic that airlines can alter flights and passenger has little recourse... But gawd forbid should I need a change I need to pay all kinds of fees 

37 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

tomato / tomahhhhhto .

for those interested

A major difference between ship and boat is that of their areas of operation. Ships are vessels that are operated in oceanic areas and high seas. They usually include cruise vessels, naval ship, tankers,container ships, RoRo ships, and offshore vessels. They are mainly built for cargo/ passenger transportation across oceans.

Boats in contrast, are operable in smaller/ restricted water areas and include ferrying and towing vessels, sail vessels, paddle vessels, kayaks, canoe, patrolling vessels etc.  Boats are mainly used for smaller purposes and mainly ply in areas near to the coast.

5 minutes ago, coevan said:

for those interested

A major difference between ship and boat is that of their areas of operation. Ships are vessels that are operated in oceanic areas and high seas. They usually include cruise vessels, naval ship, tankers,container ships, RoRo ships, and offshore vessels. They are mainly built for cargo/ passenger transportation across oceans.

Boats in contrast, are operable in smaller/ restricted water areas and include ferrying and towing vessels, sail vessels, paddle vessels, kayaks, canoe, patrolling vessels etc.  Boats are mainly used for smaller purposes and mainly ply in areas near to the coast.

I wish I had this info 20 years ago , Coming back from the gulf stream late one evening when I passed this fellow on a John boat about 40 miles out. I asked him where he was going , he said to shore.  I gave him a lift back to shore .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Thanks everyone.  I changed the flight till the next day they did it for free.  But I have to get a hotel for one night someplace and a ride from port to the hotel

i don't think you will regret this decision.  now, you can take your time getting off the boat/ship/ vessel by taking a later number, enjoying a leisurely breakfast in the dining room before having to say goodbye and have a stress free morning.   win/win

• Like 2

16 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Booked on breeze in may .  Airlines just changed my time to go home from 1pm. To now flight leaves at 1030.

I know it's an hour ride from port to mco. And I should be there 1.5 hr ahead which means I would need to be in my ride back which I have a single car driver picking us up.  But it would need to be at 8am.  Can we be off the ship by 8 guaranteed or am I screwed  only flight that day back to akron ohio.  I have fttf also

Call the airline. Flight time changes greater than a few minutes can usually be changed free of charge, even if the other flights are more expensive in my experience they don't make you pay the difference. If you log in to your flight details, there may be a notification asking you to "accept the changes." Dont do it! Just call them asap.

10 hours ago, golfer1903 said:

Thanks everyone.  I changed the flight till the next day they did it for free.  But I have to get a hotel for one night someplace and a ride from port to the hotel

I suggest staying somewhere near Universal Studios. It isn't very far from the airport and there are tons of cheap accommodations and plenty of food available within walking distance. 

14 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

tomato / tomahhhhhto .

I work with sailors - both USN and civilian.

There is indeed a difference, to them.  Ships carry boats.  Boats don't carry ships.  If a boat carries anything seaworthy, it is a dinghy.

They can be very sensitive to what you call which... 

1 minute ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

They can be very sensitive to what you call which... 

sounds like a snowflake problem to me. 

I think within this particular thread and the spirit in which my advice was intended, my use of the word "boat" should not really be something that is debated.     clearly, there was no offense intended. 

2 hours ago, Doggielover68 said:

I suggest staying somewhere near Universal Studios. It isn't very far from the airport and there are tons of cheap accommodations and plenty of food available within walking distance. 

Is there a hotel in Disney or universal  that has a free airport shuttle. Or how about an airport hotel that offers free disney springs shuttles.

Or a coca beach hotel offering port shuttle

16 hours ago, coevan said:

for those interested

Where did the love boat travel?  :classic_biggrin:

Screen-Shot-2018-09-10-at-12.20.57-AM-1080x675.png

Edited by n6uqqq

1 hour ago, golfer1903 said:

Is there a hotel in Disney or universal  that has a free airport shuttle. Or how about an airport hotel that offers free disney springs shuttles.

Or a coca beach hotel offering port shuttle

Check out B resort and Spa at Disney springs. They offer an airport shuttle 

Edited by Doggielover68

On 2/7/2019 at 4:51 PM, JerseyGirlJen said:

That’s cutting it way too close for me. Too stressful. What if there’s an accident, or some other issue that causes you to dock late? 

That is a big time difference too. I would call the airline and explain to them your situation and see if they can get you on a later flight or one with another airline, or even perhaps a credit? Maybe you could fly the next day and get a credit for a hotel room?

You can cancel that flight without penalty because they made a major change in your flight time..  Just call the airline and cancel the plane and ask for a refund.  Book with another line. 

29 minutes ago, newcruiser1956 said:

You can cancel that flight without penalty because they made a major change in your flight time..  Just call the airline and cancel the plane and ask for a refund.  Book with another line. 

He already changed flights with no charge.

• Like 1