Constellation FV Cabin - what would happen if ...

Jetstreamer

Hi there,

We’re a couple, lucky enough to have snagged a corner FV cabin all to ourselves on Connie, cruising in just over 2 months.  I’ve been reading up on the FV cabins and some of what I’ve read has me a little worried about being “upgraded” (one of the perils of too much research!)

On our cruise FV is still for sale but only on a Guarantee basis and at this stage only if you select 4 passengers  (not an option for 3 or fewer).  There are no CC, AQ or Suite rooms available that can accommodate 4 passengers.  Therefore I surmise that someone booking the FV Guarantee will end up in a FV cabin as there is nothing to upgrade them to.  In this case it is obvious that we would be top of the list to be moved as there are plenty of rooms available to move a couple to.

We have asked our TA to contact Celebrity to make a note that we do not wish to be upgraded (which they did) but I’m not sure this makes much difference at all if a foursome want to book a FV and they need to make room.

Question is, how would this likely play out for us?  Is it common for couples to be moved from allocated FV rooms and if so, to what?  Any recent experiences?

I believe CC is technically an upgrade from FV, but even a C1 is currently significantly cheaper than we paid for the FV (there have been a few recent price drops).  AQ is also a lot cheaper.  If we end up being moved to CC or AQ, are we entitled to the price difference back between what we paid and the current selling price for CC/AQ? 

Hopefully all will be well but we’ll feel better knowing what to expect! 

Thanks.

I don't think you will be able to know what to expect.  You won't really know until you know.

All i can say is that it is relatively unlikely that you will be "upgraded" from your FV.  I've read of it happening so it could - but it is pretty rare.  You have already done what I would suggest - mark your reservation "No Upgrade".  It is not an guarantee - but at least you have made your wishes known.

Don't fret about it - you will almost certainly be fine.  

Good Luck!

Mike

Thanks for the responses. I think I'd be less bothered about being moved per se (it happens, albeit rarely and those are the risks) but more concerned about being moved later to a room we could have chosen for $1000+ less before final payment.

Ignoring my situation and asking a general question, can they really move you to a lower value room without giving you the difference back (even in OBC)?