EZAir prestay

arubaaruba

There are some hotel choices in certain locations. I was able to get a list for our upcoming cruise (1 hotel in Vancouver, 3 options in Anchorage). They are pretty fancy hotels and very expensive, but they include transportation to/from airport and ship and take care of your luggage. I found out all of this over the phone by calling Princess directly - I've never seen it online.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

IMO you would be better off booking the hotel yourself. 

I think it depends. In London with transportation - it worked out better to go through the cruise line the dates I looked at last year.

There was one time in FLL it was cheaper to go through the cruise line as it was the weekend of the Christmas Boat parade.

I have a friend who did better in Copenhagen with Princess also. It all depends. Definitely price it out both ways.

Edited by Coral

My experience is that I booked a hotel in Barcelona through Princess. They’re putting me in a 4 star hotel and it was way cheaper than anything I found on Expedia or booking dot com., and a centralized location with ship and airport transfers. 

I’ll be in Barcelona 2 days pre cruise and 3 days post cruise. 

Glenn

Edited by Grburkart

8 minutes ago, Grburkart said:

My experience is that I booked a hotel in Barcelona through Princess. They’re putting me in a 4 star hotel and it was way cheaper than anything I found on Expedia or booking dot com., and a centralized location with ship and airport transfers. 

Glenn

Thanks, Glenn, for posting this.  

Please let us know how it worked out for you when you return.  

Edited by OCruisers

EZAir and any pre-cruise hotels from Princess are separate items and not connected to one another. In some cities Princess does offer a pre-cruise hotel package which is priced per-person and includes transportation from airport to hotel and from hotel to ship.

On 2/7/2019 at 8:04 PM, Grburkart said:

Glenn

Curious how you achieved this since we will need a hotel In Barcelona pre-cruise later in the year?  Were you able to do it through the personalizer or did you have to call Princess direct (or your TA if you used one).  

Edited by racj846

28 minutes ago, racj846 said:

I booked everything online. Once I reserved everything through their web site, I was contacted by a princess cruise coordinator. He took care of all my needs and requirements and arranged the hotels for me. He put me in the Hotel Esperia Presidente. I asked for two nights pre cruise and three nights post cruise. He had those arranged in minutes and, apparently, there is a princess desk at the hotel. 

It was all arranged by them. Made it easy and no TA. 

Also to add to this, transfers between airport/hotel/ship are all arranged as are the return legs of this service. 

Glenn

To edit this, when are you in Barcelona? I’ll be there in October for a sailing on the 13th. 

Edited by Grburkart

On 2/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, arubaaruba said:

If you use Princess air and fly in a couple days early and extend on the end as well, do they provide hotel choices or do you have to book on your own? 

It is not easy, but you can find the information on Princess.com.  I look it up, then have myTA book it for me.

On Princess.com, click on "Destinations".  Then "Europe", then under the big picture, click on "Cruisetours & Hotels".  Then scroll way down to "Cruise Plus Hotel Packages".  You are not there yet, but from there it is pretty self explanatory.  Be patient, have fun.

It used to be under "Extending Your Stay"  and sometimes searching that helps.

We love doing hotels this way. It seems pricey at first, but it includes being met by a princess rep at the airport, transportation for you and your luggage to the hotel, (or if post cruise, transportation for you and your luggage to the airport) usually breakfast, a Princess rep at the hotel with local tour and dining suggestions, boarding information, and transportation for you and your luggage to the ship.  They pick up your luggage at your room, and the next time you have to lift it is in your cabin on the ship.  It may seem pricey, but it is money well spent.

Edited by 2 cruises a year

My experience with Princess reps at the hotel is "limited". It is only a few hours each day, at most. The one I met with in London was quite rude. In London, there are 3 hotels, the one I stayed at did not include breakfast, I know one does and am not sure about the 3rd hotel.

Edited by Coral

On 2/7/2019 at 9:04 PM, Grburkart said:

Glenn

Thank you