Favorite meal at LaCucina on Escape

barb65

We will be on the Escape in May and booked two nights at LaCucina for specialty dining. Never ate there before, but liked the variety on their menu. Need recommendations, what was your favorite appetizer/meal/dessert at LaCucina?

I've only eaten in La Cucina once, but I liked it better than a meal in Le Bistro during the same cruise. In La Cucina I had mushroom risotto, which was very good, as the "pasta" course, and veal marsala, which had a good flavor even though the quality of the veal was only average. (In Le Bistro, the four-mushroom was excellent but the roast lamb was mediocre, both in the quality of the meat and in the preparation.)

There are occasional posts in this forum complaining about La Cucina's menu, but I thought that it was typical of restaurants in Rome.

There was some type of spicy sausage pasta dish..can't remember the name..it was good to me, not too spicy, but enough to be memorable to me.  That said, I like spicy stuff, a table near us ordered same after seeing my dish, and she thought it was very spicy.  

After perusing a few La Cucina menu's, I can't seem to find what I ordered on Escape...sorry, I'm no help. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

4 hours ago, valleyvillage said:

Pear gorgonzola vote here as well. For pasta, loved the Rigatoni alla Gorgonzola e Noci. Do you sense a bleu theme here?

I love those too.  

That's probably why I really miss the Gorgonzola crusted Filet from the old menu:classic_sad:

• Like 1