Edge vs "S" Class Ships in Appearance

BobbyBuoy

I like the appearance of the "S" Class ships , such as the Reflection, with the beautiful bow and stunning white painted hull, etc.

On the other hand, IMO Edge has little if any beauty. That "Flying Thing" hanging from the side and the blunt, retro bow certainly do little to enhance the 

appearance of the Edge. What do you think ?

1 hour ago, BobbyBuoy said:

I am only interesting in how other cruisers feel about the appearance (exterior) of the Edge when compared to other Celebrity ships.

I think tee wants to know WHY you posted the same question twice, not why you asked it.

For the record i agree, the edge is NOT a beautiful ship. Perhaps it will grow on me, but its not in the same league as S class.

I like the look of the Edge.  The inverted bow is nice and distinctive.  I guess I have no attachment to the standard cruise ship look.  I like the color and the paint scheme.  I like the rear and the asymmetric eden.  Overall I think it's a handsome ship.

I'm not too big of a fan of the giant x smokestack, a little ostentatious, but I guess not out of line with the modern like flashy vegas aesthetic.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:51 AM, BobbyBuoy said:

I am only interesting in how other cruisers feel about the appearance (exterior) of the Edge when compared to other Celebrity ships.

There are hundreds of posts about the Edge appearance from bow to stern, Magic Carpet, etc.  if you do a search on the Celebrity board.  It was quite a hot topic as Edge was being built.

Thank you for the information. However, I still think this is a mistake; just like all the other  Edge mistakes and now, you say, the Millie is going to change from white to blue. Is there a reason for this change ?

Personally I prefer the look of the S class ships but it’s no big deal. The most important thing for us is what it’s like when on the ship. I think in general modern cruise ships look like a big block of flats/apartments next to the style of traditional ocean liners which had a grace about them. However the two are a totally different beast offering a far different product.

16 hours ago, yorky said:

Personally I prefer the look of the S class ships but it’s no big deal. The most important thing for us is what it’s like when on the ship. I think in general modern cruise ships look like a big block of flats/apartments next to the style of traditional ocean liners which had a grace about them. However the two are a totally different beast offering a far different product.

You are absolutely right. Once inside, who cares about the outside . However, I know that I get a really positive feeling when I first see the "S" ship and not the Edge, when tied up at the pier. 

Big, bloated blocks of apartments , stacked in what seems  an  endless  , rather reckless manner , vertical or horizontal,  doesn't matter; just pack them in.

However, the white "S' ships still look better.

On 2/8/2019 at 8:46 AM, BobbyBuoy said:

I like the appearance of the "S" Class ships , such as the Reflection, with the beautiful bow and stunning white painted hull, etc.

On the other hand, IMO Edge has little if any beauty. That "Flying Thing" hanging from the side and the blunt, retro bow certainly do little to enhance the 

appearance of the Edge. What do you think ?

I agree.  I think the “S” Class ships have the most beautiful exterior styling of any cruise ships currently in service.