Flowers for the cabin?

SeaTheW0rld

22 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

You are not allowed to bring flowers on any ship/any line.

Princess problems.  I think MSC is missing out on a revenue stream by not letting us order them.  They should hire me to run a pilot program. 😀

I think I have it backwards. You can't bring flowers off any ship in the US. 

I'll cede to someone more knowledgeable.  I know I tried once, many years ago, and I had to leave them at the embarkation point.

9 minutes ago, Kmkub said:

I think I have it backwards. You can't bring flowers off any ship in the US. 

I'll cede to someone more knowledgeable.  I know I tried once, many years ago, and I had to leave them at the embarkation point.

I actually did carry some on in Madeira, maybe 7 years ago.  It was the last stop on a transatlantic before heading to St. Marteen.  Carnival Liberty. They (locals) were selling them at the dock. I just threw them on the security belt as a boarded.  No problem.   

I've had flowers on my last two Divina cruises. You go to the concierge on the first day and they make the arrangements with the next port agent. Payment is cash in advance. Prices were good. The arrangement in the photo was $60.

rWiCwxIzRdK0loO%8vJeSQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

I've had flowers on my last two Divina cruises. You go to the concierge on the first day and they make the arrangements with the next port agent. Payment is cash in advance. Prices were good. The arrangement in the photo was $60.

rWiCwxIzRdK0loO%8vJeSQ.jpg

Have tried on both our sailings. Last week, was told that there's no flowers as they're a fire hazard!!  

This week, we were informed no flowers period.  no reason, just that MSC "doesn't offer that"... Oh well, no big loss, buy have enjoyed fresh flowers on many a sailing elsewhere.  

• Like 1

On the HAL Koningsdam last month, the onboard florist gave an arrangement demonstration.  This man was a genius, I have never seen such beautiful arrangements.  He does 800 arrangements per week, plus passenger special orders.  He typically has an assistant to help him.  I don't get the fire hazard issue onboard as they are in water.  My MIL brought a beautiful bouquet onboard RCCL in Miami that was a birthday gift from the hotel where she was staying.  It was huge and in a large vase. This was about 8 years ago.  It did look odd going thru the security scanner.  She had removed all the water in the vase for the embarkation process.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nashna said:

On the HAL Koningsdam last month, the onboard florist gave an arrangement demonstration.  This man was a genius, I have never seen such beautiful arrangements.  He does 800 arrangements per week, plus passenger special orders.  He typically has an assistant to help him.  I don't get the fire hazard issue onboard as they are in water.  My MIL brought a beautiful bouquet onboard RCCL in Miami that was a birthday gift from the hotel where she was staying.  It was huge and in a large vase. This was about 8 years ago.  It did look odd going thru the security scanner.  She had removed all the water in the vase for the embarkation process.

That may be a HAL arrangement. I can't see the cabin. They do do nice work. And the corsages/boutonnieres for the suite people. It's my favorite line for the "shipboard experience".

I don't get the fire hazard thing, either.  Our clothes are more of a fire hazard than fresh flowers. I'm going to ask when I board.  We don't sail until 8pm.  Plenty of time to run in and get some. All they can do is say no.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just come across the following on the UK website on the subject:

Enhance any occasion with beautiful fresh flowers! 
The Information Office on board will be delighted to handle your order with our selected agencies in the appropriate port of call, charging you the local price, so you can make your significant events beautifully special.

Bea

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I've just come across the following on the UK website on the subject:

Enhance any occasion with beautiful fresh flowers! 
The Information Office on board will be delighted to handle your order with our selected agencies in the appropriate port of call, charging you the local price, so you can make your significant events beautifully special.

Bea

Thanks. 

I'm still going to ask when I board.  We don't leave Miami until 8pm, so theoretically I would have time to walk to that market downtown and back.  Walk off the embarkation feeding.

• Like 1