Going to Vietnam, how long to clear customs

newcruiser1956

21 minutes ago, newcruiser1956 said:

Going on Mekong cruise,  how long does it take to clear customs in Seoul,  the airline is only leaving 1 1/2 hours between flights,  is that enough??

Are you sure you have to go through customs? I assume you are just in transit. The issue is generally that your first flight might be delayed. 

1 minute ago, gnome12 said:

Are you sure you have to go through customs? I assume you are just in transit. The issue is generally that your first flight might be delayed. 

When I was traveling to Rome from the US I still had to clear customs in Germany when we landed so I am guessing it will work the same way??  :)

2 hours ago, newcruiser1956 said:

When I was traveling to Rome from the US I still had to clear customs in Germany when we landed so I am guessing it will work the same way??  🙂

firstly, Italy and Germany are both in the Eu, so Germany was your first point of entry - hence clearing customs there.

Time should be ok, especially if your flights are on the one ticket and your luggage is checked to your final destintion. You will be in transit as said before. (Will not clear customs). You may have to go through a security screening - I have not been to Inceon, but have done so in Bangkok, Hong Kong and Dubai before transitting. I would suggest you have a look at the airport web site - arrivals and departures boards, as from my experience flight numbers and gates are usually similar day to day, so you will be able to get an idea of how far between gates. Last year we had just over 1 hour in Hong Kong - it was rushed, but we had a idea of where we had to go (actually a different building).

On arrival in Vietnam, timing will depend on whether you have your visa or not.

Try checking out this page

https://www.airport.kr/ap_cnt/en/trn/intro/intro.do

Check your itinerary for the terminals of arrival and departure (both of which will be international) and see what it shows.

If you are particularly nervous about finding your way, see the tab for transfer guide service and register for that. Someone will walk you through the whole thing.

18 hours ago, newcruiser1956 said:

When I was traveling to Rome from the US I still had to clear customs in Germany when we landed so I am guessing it will work the same way??  🙂

15 hours ago, vada_9 said:

firstly, Italy and Germany are both in the Eu, so Germany was your first point of entry - hence clearing customs there.

When landing in Germany on the way to Rome, you clear Schengen Area IMMIGRATION. Germany, Italy, most (BUT NOT ALL) of the EU, along with some additional countries are in Schengen. CUSTOMS are actually cleared in Rome via a Red Door / Green Door system. If you land in Germany in transit to a non-Schengen country you do not encounter either immigration or customs.