Las Caletas Excursion in PV

jerseygirldawn

Hey,

so we are taking a carnival cruise March 2. It stops one day from 9-9 in PV. This las caletas sounds like a fun option.

It’s $145pp now. Others are saying it’s $109 or $104. Why is my carnival excursion coming up $145? Has anyone else paid that much? 

Does this excursion ever sell out? Do I have to book it in advance or is it one of those activities that I can book once I’m on the ship and they start giving out excursion discounts?

I would have booked this activity through the company itself but ended up having to go through the ship because we dock at 9 but the tour leaves at 8:30. The cruise itinerary is custom for our cruise. 😞 For those that have been on this excursion is it worth $145pp? 

• 2 weeks later...

I took this several years ago and did not like it. Drinks on the boast were bad and watered down. Beach very small and rough water. Buffet not great. Some liked it. Maybe I hit it on a bad day. Would not do again, especially for the price.

Las Caletas is one of our favorite excursions.  We’ve been there 3 times, and each time has been wonderful.  Excellent lunch with paella rice beans, et cet. We really enjoyed the margaritas on the catamaran, but the drinks at Las Caletas were watered down. Beach is quite small. Now, we used to pay $79 pp, and more recently, Princess charges between $94-$104 pp.  

Truthfully, I would not spend $145 pp. That is an outrageous price.   

Have been there a dozen or so times over the last two decades. The site expands and adds activities every year.  Value vs. Price is a personal judgment and is often based on your expectations from the start.  

We stopped going when the price to resort vacationers  (booked online with discount) went over $110 USD.  This season the basic price went up to $139, $118 with online discount. Nobody can every understand how or why the cruise lines charge what they charge. For years, the ship was more expensive than direct booked. Then the ship was cheaper for a couple years. And now (at least for Carnival) the ship is more expensive than direct booked.

To be honest . . . Caletas lost its allure as we became very familiar with the city and surrounding area. Ziplines and para-sailing were a whole lot more fun at 46 than it is at 66.

Enjoy!

Edited by MSN-Travelers

for anyone that has gone to las caletas with small children, i have a 3 and 5 year old.  carnival lists the restriction for the kids' adventure area as 1.2 meters (4 feet).  but the tour operator's website says 1 meter (39 inches).  anyone taken a small child there, what is the real restriction?  thanks.

• 7 months later...

We went to La Caletas about four years ago, it was awesome kids still talk about it beautiful beach & the kids area was so cool my daughter was able to have a monkey sit on her shoulder zip lining for the kids too. The price has gone way up its one of those that has to be booked directly with the cruise, but if you book it you can fill out a price match check the vendors website directly Vallarta Adventures