Princess souvenir tumbler insulated, size?

rotomu

We have already signed up for unlimited soda and more package. Is the tumbler you receive insulated? Does anyone know the size of it? Just trying to do some final packing for next weekend's Caribbean Princess cruise and did not know if we should bring additional insulated ones. Thanks and I appreciate all the tips I have gotten for our group from here!

12 minutes ago, rotomu said:

We have already signed up for unlimited soda and more package. Is the tumbler you receive insulated? Does anyone know the size of it? Just trying to do some final packing for next weekend's Caribbean Princess cruise and did not know if we should bring additional insulated ones. Thanks and I appreciate all the tips I have gotten for our group from here!

I could be wrong.........but I thought they stopped handing those out?

48 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I could be wrong.........but I thought they stopped handing those out?

Just got one on my January voyage on the Regal. It is insulated and holds about the equivalent of a standard 12 oz soda can with ice.

I love these, but they told me last summer on the Royal that they’ve discontinued them. 😥 It’s encouraging to hear they’re still being given out on the Regal, though because that’s our next ship!! 🤞

To answer your question, they look like they’d hold 16 oz to me, but a can of soda does fill it, so it must be 12 oz. It’s double walled, but I wouldn’t call it insulated by any means. It is just like any regular plastic/acrylic tumbler, except super cute!!

12 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I love these, but they told me last summer on the Royal that they’ve discontinued them😥 It’s encouraging to hear they’re still being given out on the Regal, though because that’s our next ship!! 🤞

I read this a few times over the last 8 months or so. Thats why I thought they were not giving them out anymore.

Oh well. I have so many I don't need anymore.  :classic_laugh:

I don't really think that you need the tumbler.  Princess still uses decent sized plastic glassware that is good enough on it's own so you don't have to bring your own.

ETA:  On Disney, we each bring a Yeti because we don't like using their "shot-glass" size cups.  But, I will say, even though DCL is pricey, I do like that sodas are included...

slightly off topic, but do they have these tumblers available for purch in the gift shop as well??  We never do the beverage package, but I do like to have a larger cup than what is offered in the buffet.  And to be able to have my tea wherever I park my backside to relax and read.  

TIA for your input

2 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

slightly off topic, but do they have these tumblers available for purch in the gift shop as well??  We never do the beverage package, but I do like to have a larger cup than what is offered in the buffet.  And to be able to have my tea wherever I park my backside to relax and read.  

TIA for your input

I have seen some insulated tumblers in the past.

Hard to say what they will have onboard at the time.

Quick question about insulated tumblers. I was talked into a cruise to Alaska (again..but that’s another story). We have the bev package...our daughter gave us a set of insulated tumblers - may we use them for decent coffee at the international cafe?  There was this terrible morning on that last Alaskan venture when I was handed take away coffees in glasses. Awkward..esp on the lifts, to say the least.  I am so hoping.  I know I can’t get Diet Cokes in cans..just fountain style with the bev package this time. I also assume my insulateds will work there?  

We just got off the Crown last week.  We purchased the soda and more package and received the tumbler.  I just checked and it holds 16 oz with no ice.  It is double walled as well.  The top does not have a straw but has a slide you use to open up the top.

9686D5E5-0D50-4074-9DDC-83262EE79FD8.jpeg

AD357D55-5C04-4D07-BD92-514FB9CDCCC9.jpeg

59FA5373-CC7B-4FDC-B189-A16B3F611F63.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, cheeseclan said:

We just got off the Crown last week.  We purchased the soda and more package and received the tumbler.  I just checked and it holds 16 oz with no ice.  It is double walled as well.  The top does not have a straw but has a slide you use to open up the top.

Thanks for the pics - the cups are different than the ones we've received before. I'm happy they are giving them out again. We sail on the Regal in two weeks - I hope we get them too.

11 hours ago, cheeseclan said:

Now I wouldn't mind getting one of those...........much better than the ones they used to give out. But since they haven't given me a tumbler in the last couple of years, I won't be expecting one on any of my upcoming cruises. 

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 2:43 PM, cheeseclan said:

NICE! I'll get mine in February 2020, yes I'm counting down the days already!

On 2/10/2019 at 4:13 AM, cheeseclan said:

Thanks for posting,  the  new cup looks very nice but it doesn't look like I will be able to put hot or cold drinks in unlike the old  tumblers.  I'll plan to pack a thermos one for coffee from  the IC.

On 2/9/2019 at 11:10 AM, Colo Cruiser said:

I read this a few times over the last 8 months or so. Thats why I thought they were not giving them out anymore.

Oh well. I have so many I don't need anymore.  :classic_laugh:

I wish I had that problem, but I refuse to hand wash them, so they wear out faster. My DH would love for me to stop collecting them, but they’re one of my favorite cruise souvenirs because they bring me joy at home every day. 

• Like 1

On 2/9/2019 at 2:12 PM, tutuwahineLV said:

TIA for your input

They sell tumblers but not the really nautical ones that came/come with the UKP (USM). The ones sold say Princess Cruises on them and have the logo. They were in sparkly gold and sparkly pink last summer, but it appeared they may have been phasing those out. 

• Like 1

Hmmmmm, the new ones definitely aren’t as appealing to me, since they don’t appear to have cruise themed pics on them, and they don’t come with a straw. I’ll take it and use it for sure, but I miss the old ones. Since these say Coca Cola on them, and they’re shaped similarly to the Royal Caribbean ones, I wonder if Princess is gonna add the Freestyle machines.

• 1 year later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, hllwdcruiser said:

Thanks for the pics - the cups are different than the ones we've received before. I'm happy they are giving them out again. We sail on the Regal in two weeks - I hope we get them too.

Just disembarked the Emerald on 2/29; we, too, received the tumblers. However, note that they state on the tumbler " COLD DRINKS ONLY". Also, it does not state BPA-free.