Aruba tour

peymas

I have asked this question on the Aruba site and haven’t had a response, so I thought I would try here.  Has anyone taken a tour from the port in Aruba?  I thought I read somewhere that there are tour people at the port that will take you on a tour and drop you at a beach.  Would like some more information if anyone has done this.

Yes...a big air conditioned bus...easy to spot them as you leave the port terminal...it's $20.00pp and goes around the island...towards the end you will have the option of staying at the beach and will be given the time and location for your pick back up. We opted to continue back into town.

I agree!  Did it last year. I have visited and spent a lot of time in Aruba. I was traveling solo and decided just to get off the ship and walk around for an hour or so.  As I got off the ship there were a couple of brightly painted school buses - young man said they had one ticket left - only room for one person!  I was the perfect passenger!  He even dropped the price to $15 so they could leave. Did a great sentimental journey around the island, saw the sites, and they did drop passengers at Palm and Eagle beaches, with an arranged pickup time.

just look for the brightly painted school buses!  Wasn’t air conditioned, but a fun ride. 

6 hours ago, Ashland said:

Yes...a big air conditioned bus...easy to spot them as you leave the port terminal...it's $20.00pp and goes around the island...towards the end you will have the option of staying at the beach and will be given the time and location for your pick back up. We opted to continue back into town.

Thank you both so much. So we have options air and no air!  Hope to be able to take this tour of Aruba.  We have a lot of time there so this will be perfect.  This price is a lot better than some of the excursions I’ve been seeing and hopefully get to see some of the same sites.

Aruba is truly "one happy island" where they try to make visitors happy :).  If you want an island tour it will be easy to arrange as you walk out of the port.  Right outside the security gate there will be plenty of "hawkers" trying to sell tours and/or their services.  You would likely find some options to join group tours or could simply hire your own car/driver.  On the other hand, you could simply rent a car for the day and enjoy yourself driving around the island.

Hank