Millenium Drydock??

Germancruiser

Hi all

does anyone know what they have done inside the Millenium during her Dry Docking before she made her repositioning Transatlantic cruise?? I am booked for the respositioning TA cruise starting April 30 th. So I am a curious what to expect as I know the Millie from her early days.

Thanks!

Michael

Actually there wasn't much done cosmetically to the Millie during the drydock - basically just an outside paint job and the start of turning Notes into the accupuncture clinic. The Chihuly chandelier looked like it really needed a dusting when we were on the trans immediately following the drydock. I believe that the drydock was for mechanical reasons. They only had 8 days for the drydock as the ship took 3 days to go from Barcelona to the shipyard and then 3 days back. The ship was supposed to be out for just 12 days total which only left 6 days for drydock work, but they pushed back the trans 2 days at the last minute.

What is this about? WHere do I find out about this?:) :D

It wasn't a cruise to nowhere as they changed the itinerary to include Nausau while we were on the trans. The transatlantic was originally scheduled for 14 days starting on Sunday Nov. 6 and ending on Sunday November 20. She was then scheduled for 7 night Caribbean cruises starting and ending on Sundays. When they decided to put the ship in drydock, they changed the trans sail date to Friday 11/18. That had us arriving in Ft Lauderdale on 12/2. Rather than changing all the rest of the cruises to Friday to Friday, they put in a two day cruise to nowhere from Friday to Sunday. This plan caused the least amount of sailing changes.

We booked the two day to extend our transatlantic. I would never do a 2 day cruise again with Celebrity. It was definitely not the usual "Celebrity treatment" (to use their new tagline). There was definitely a party crowd aboard and we did not get the quiet, pampered, restful and relaxing time that we have learned to expect on Celebrity.

Just curious as to whether or not Celebrity routinely replaces carpeting, bedding and furnishings in the staterooms? Based on some of the posts I have read it doesn't seem that this is something that takes place during drydock.

Given the fact that Millennium is almost six years old, I am sure that it is in need of some refurbishments. We are scheduled to sail the Millennium in June of 2006 and are a little concerned about some of the posts on these board regarding the condition of the staterooms. Several passengers have reported that the staterooms look rather tired and are need of some TLC.

We sailed on the Constellation in July of 2003 and it had only been in service for 10 months so it was terrific. Also, sailed on the Infinity this past June and our stateroom was in good shape.

The only compliants I have seen seem to be related to the Millennium. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Nancy

We found our stateroom clean and - if you really looked for it - a little worn. The chair with the bad leg in the rendez-vous that we noticed on our 2003 trans was still there on our 2005 trans. If you inspected closely, you could see the wear and tear. At some of our port stops, I saw a couple of deck chairs left in the garbage pile at the port just as on past cruises. As a whole the ship still looked as good as when we sailed her in 2001, but then again I don't go looking for flaws.

I agree with Hajekfam. I don't really go looking for flaws and could not really find anything to complain of. We took the 2 day cruise to check out the ship so as to decide if we wanted to sail her this coming July. We have been on Celebrity several times but never the Millennium and saw no reason to change our plans. While the service and general atmosphere of the 2 day did not necessarily represent the Celebrity experience 100%, we were not dissapointed.

There was still some work going on especially in the gift shop areas and where Notes was turned into a computer center

All the best.

Archived